OT a little- TPS for trailers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT a little- TPS for trailers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Posted this on another thread about trailers and it is a little OT on the thread so I posted a new one. In that thread there was a talk about tires, flats and TPS systems not working because of whatever. Here is the link to the place where I got mine that I use on a 35 foot 5th wheel and all my trailers. You can move it from trailer to trailer and the unit from one truck to another. These are made for big rigs.
https://tsttruck.com/
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Dan,

I just had a trailer tire replaced in Bakersfield at America's Tire ( Discount Tire ) - they have a TPMS system for trailers in stock that can monitor several tire functions for up to (8) tires for $350.

They said about $5 a tire to install.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Jim: These Monitor pressure and temp. You can install yourself. Mounts to the stem. One system will do your truck and trailer, up to 18 tires. I would not pull a trailer without one. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

Dan,

Does the signal reach your tow vehicle from your trailer without a booster or amplifier ?

I tried (2) other monitoring set ups that would not get a signal from the curb side two rear tires

How much $$ for a (6) tire set-up ?

Thanks,

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Jim: Never had a problem with the signal. these are made for 18+ wheelers. Look at their web site and see about price. I have been using mine for a few years now. Changed from one truck to my new one. It is nice to look down and see the tire temp as you are running down the road. Dan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration