Ordered some floorboards. This is what I got

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ordered some floorboards. This is what I got
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

So I ordered some rear floorboards for my 26 Touring. Got them today and I'm wondering if this is ok? each board has a rounded carved part that looks like it goes over a part of the body of the car. One of the boards looks like it broke in shipping. If it was perfect I think it would brake just by using it since it's so thin. What do you guys think?

floorfloor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Those floor boards look like someone held a beaver by his hind legs and let him chew the notch out. I would contact the seller and speak to them about the condition. Give them a chance to make good on the product sold. I don't think they will hold up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

Dennis,

You are not being kind to the Beaver .

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

What the heck? Even I could make them better than that. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Is there supposed to be a notch there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

You would be doing us all a tremendous favor if you told us where you got those so we would not waste our money or our time. Get your money back. That is totally inferior woodwork. looks like it was done by a child who had no idea how to use the tool he was working with. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

If the seeing eye dog had thumbs he'd do a much better job. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

I ordered it from Mac's The box read "Eckler's Premium Automotive parts and accessories"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

I ordered mine from Lang's. I don't know which vendor that you ordered yours from, but I can assure you that they were "top notch", (no pun intended). A prominent T owner/club member makes them for Lang's and he would be very embarrassed if he shipped out anything like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 03:13 am:

"I ordered it from Mac's.
Of course. That explains it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 03:24 am:

I recently heard that Mac's makes it very difficult for a dissatisfied customer to get his money back if he is unhappy with a part. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 07:23 am:

Jim,

I believe the claim has been settled with Mac's and the claim had to be filed through E-bay because that is where the purchase was made if we are talking about the same thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Robert, In May at the Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet here in Luray VA, R.V. Anderson and his brother are coming as vendors, they sell a superior set of floor boards. Maybe they will have some available for purchase and it is not to far from Fredericksburg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:21 am:

You should know better than to do business with Ecklers or Macs! Jon Anderson makes the best floorboards around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Hard to believe that a company can survive on one-time customers only..... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 10:16 am:

I made my floorboard (Rear) from a Mel Miller drawing. The notches were there, at least on the plan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

Larry, please let me know how to contact Jon Anderson.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Thanks Everyone. They were good about returning it back. I did have to ask them for a prepaid label.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

I just received a half inch thick catalog from Mac's. Each part was photographed in color and it very well done so it is not as if they are not trying. They apparently need to clean house and get some personnel who are enthusiastic about putting the customer first. Sometimes, when a business has been around for a long time with the same entrenched personnel, they forget what the priorities are.

When a business depends on a very narrow customer base for their livelihood, they absolutely cannot alienate that base with poor service or sub-standard parts, for once the base gets sick and tired of being taken for granted and turns its' back on you, it is over, unless you, as a business, can turn it around through drastic action and, in the case of Mac's, I think drastic action is needed. What Mac's needs is a diplomat/problem solver like Trish to run the place and handle customer relations. THAT would go a long way towards turning it around.

Mac's has been around a long time and used to be a great antique auto part supplier and I don't want to see any Model T parts supplier go out of business, so we must try and help them get through this by showing them the way and not jumping ship all at once. It will be up to them to listen. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

Jim, The Mac's you knew and the present one are two different things. Current owners are all about the bottom line, and they are now a large conglomerate. I don't feel any loyalty to them, like I do the family-run suppliers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 07:22 am:

Hey Jim. Sounds like Macks need term limits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:04 am:

I have to say everything else I ordered from them came right away and had no issues. I buy most everything else from Lang's. The stuff I got from Mac's was out of stock at Lang's Would i order again from Mac's? Sure. The lady I talked to on the phone was very helpful and took my return without question. Let's face it there aren't too many T suppliers out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Other parts dealers: Antique Auto Ranch, Birdhaven, Bob's, Chaffin's, Smith & Jones, Snyder's. There are probably others I haven't thought of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:35 am:

Most of the time that I've ordered from Mac's its been OK. They probably make more money with all the later classic era car parts they sell than T's.

Evidently they buy from T parts from vendors here in the states to sell. Maybe the vendors should put in a word about their service to hopefully improve things. And sell more parts. That's the bottom line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Robert, agreed on your last statement. But, there are enough T suppliers at the moment, of the Mom and Pop variety to support them vs. the big corporation that sell the same products. I would rather support them and the people who make the products vs lining someones pocket who bought out a business to just make a buck.

I have been in that situation of the "out of stock item", but I am much more informed (thanks to this forum) over the years now to know of several other vendors out there to support, and check on first, if that happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:49 am:

To add, the T business is a relatively niche business. Thus in my eyes all the more reason to support the ones that actually take care of use and make the parts.

Ecklers made their name with Corvettes, and I would be willing to bet the purchase of Mac's was not so much to promote the T community, but the later model items they offer, for which they probably sell a whole bunch more of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 10:51 am:

My neighbor used to make floor boards for one of the "T" suppliers. He is a retired engineer, also involved with quality control. I remember him stating that it was just as much work to make them incorrectly as it was to do them right so why not do it right. He also said he had only one complaint from this supplier and when he asked what it was they were to get back to him but never did.
Note, I said used to make, he is now completely retired

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Chad I will keep my eyes open for other vendors. I'm a new guy so I haven't learned them all but I'm trying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

FWIW, Jon is easier to get hold of on his cellphone: 716-499-7255 or his email: jpautowood@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

One thing I like about Lang's is that if there is an economy source and a more expensive, but exact replica source for a part, Lang's usually carries both and offers you the choice based on what is important to you. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration