Holly N H Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Holly N H Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne thompson on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

While hand cranking my 25 the other day with the right side hood open I noticed a small amount of fuel spray coming from the back side of the carb. This happens only when I have it choked. Seems to be coming from the small hole on top of the flange. Is this normal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

No. If I'm understanding your description, there shouldn't be a hole there. How about a picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne thompson on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

I have several carbs like it and they all have this hole. I think it a Holly but I could be wrong I will look tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

If you mean the little vent hole on the engine side by the choke shaft, yes that happens sometimes when choked. If the needle sticks open then a steady stream will come out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Corey is right!
There is a vent hole on the back side of the NH carb.
It is either under the metal tag or near it.
I believe that it is there to allow the air to escape from the bowl as it fills up.

When you use the choke a small about of gasoline sprays out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

It seems to be normal operation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

I suppose we're talking about the vent under the data plate. I wouldn't call it next to the choke, and it's certainly not in the flange. This is why pictures are usually better than a verbal description.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

I think this is an NH. It shows the float chamber vent. Yes it can spray gas out when cranking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Yes, that's the one, float chamber vent. Wonder why they put 2 vents? Seems like that one or the one under the name tag would have been enough. A Holley G only has one vent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

I think I figured it out. When the choke is closed it has to get some air inside where the gas is mixed and air couldn't get there from inside the bowl. The G is different design.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

If you want to order parts here is a parts drawing...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne thompson on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

After looking at my Model T book I have decided that my carb is a Kingston L4. It is on my 25 Fordor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

L-4 has the same vent hole in the same place.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration