April 7, 1947

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: April 7, 1947
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 05:35 am:

Seventy Years Ago Today, Henry Ford passed away during a storm. Our local news repeated the story:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/features/70-years-ago-while-rouge-river-floods-dea rborn-estate-henry-ford-dies-at-83

Rest in Peace, Mr. Ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 06:51 am:

Tom,

Thank you so much for the reminder and the links. He accomplished many things -- many were very helpful and are well documented. On a personal note, without him there would not have been a Ford Model T and we would have to find some other hobby. And like everyone, he had some some ideas and efforts that were off in left field.

While I know I will never have the major impact on the world that Henry Ford had, I'm trying to be intentional about leaving the people and places I touch a little bit better because I visited. And that is one of the major things I like about our hobby -- folks are caring and helpful. [As the years go by -- it seems like so many of my thoughts are captured by a country song. In this case -- Tim McGraw's "Humble and Kind" ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzNHuGqoMc ]

Again thank you for the link.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 07:13 am:

Very interesting reading thanks for sharing the article. One item I thought was unique was Henry was born in 1863 without electricity or central heating and he died the same way, no electric or heat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 07:58 am:

I was only 2 years old .
The world would not be the same if it weren't for Henry Ford!
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Oops that's 2 months not years !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Tom, ya beat me to it! I even thought of "scooping" by posting todays important date last night! Rest in peace, Henry. Always felt he sorta died "undignified" during the flooding of his estate, knocking out his beloved power plant. He went out of this world the same way he came in, with no electricity. Rather ironic.

Henry & Clara's graves at the family plot by the Church Clara funded.

And of course, Henry's grave. RIP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 08:59 am:

I think it was Will Rogers who said, "It will probably take a hundred years to know if Henry Ford helped us or hurt us, but he sure didn't leave us where he found us."

Rest in peace, Mr. Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 01:17 am:

All day the thought that my Mother passed 40 years ago today at age 47 has been on my mind. I don't have an interesting newspaper article to share. RIP Henry and Mom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 02:30 am:

Mostly, a good man. And he made a huge impact in the world. Like all men, he was flawed. I am sure that there were, probably even now are, better men. In those few decades, a lot of men made big impacts. But it is doubtful that any left as big a mark on our world as Henry Ford did. There is a good chance, that no one individual again ever will make as large a mark on the world, people's lives, or our technology.
RIP Henry Ford

Wayne Sheldon

Mike G, I do not know any much else about your Mother. But I think a lot of us are happy that she gave us you. RIP her too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 06:39 am:

Wayne, well said, on both counts. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 08:14 am:

Mike, sorry to hear of your mothers passing at such a young age. Like all our late parents, missed, but never forgotten.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

I loaned my 1910 Ford to the Woodhead Ford dealership on Lake St. In Minneapolis for a display after Ford died. I was 15 at the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:10 am:

Darrel, that was probably before Lake Street became so popular for street racing from one end to the other. As I recall there were a lot of dealerships on Lake Street in those days. I didn't have a chance to "cruise" it until the mid 60's. I'll never forget the nice cars I saw at Porky's. It could put a young hot Rodder into sensory overload.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:21 am:

The loss of a parent (or anyone) that comes with a sense of loss and
grief suggests their was something good there to lose. Or to put it in a
better light, something to be grateful for.

Not everyone had wonderful parents. If you miss yours, embrace the
gratitude of having been so blessed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Burger, very well said!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration