Need help ID brake shoe and drom so I can get linings.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need help ID brake shoe and drom so I can get linings.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

11" drum on rear 21" demountables wood spoke wheels. I believe that the rear axle and backing plates are 26/27. These shoes came off a Tsalad, so I don't know what year they are. But they do fit the backing plates and the wheel mounts and the drum fits fine.

I need linings and rivets for these shoes and I get confused when it comes to the 26/27 brakes futss.

Do I need 26/27 brake linings and rivets? Are they available from the usual suppliers? I've read the some install Model A linings and grind to fit as they are copper wire lined and hold up longer.

WWHD?

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Looks like ordinary 26-7 brakes to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Yup. You need the rivets and band material. Any of the vendors have them for 26-27 cars. The band material is pre-cut. Installation is pretty straight forward. They do sell a rivet tool for peening the rivets heads that's kinda handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Robert: If you have not ordered them, email me. I should have them. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

PM sent Dan. Thanks for thinking of me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration