Do headlight wires come up through the motor shelves?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Do headlight wires come up through the motor shelves?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Coming up through the headlight stalk hole I think leaves it possible for vibration to cut the wires. Do the headlight wires come up through the hole with grommet on the motor shelves?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Yes...

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2122X.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:33 am:

This was a question I had when I went to look at John May's thoroughly original 25 two-door sedan.

Here's a photo I snapped of that area. It shows the original grommet still in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 11:43 am:

They were not that good of a fit when new. The bottom part that rests on the frame wears down, and allows the bushing to slip down and get cockeyed. We make the new ones that Langs sells, and haven't heard any negative, so I guess they are ok. We made them from a NOS original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

I don't have a hole there in my hood shelves. Maybe some repro's were made without holes? Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

I have a 26 and it is slightly different, the wires go under a notched space and then it is attached to the clips on the bottom of the radiator. The hood shelves are extended to be bolted in place with the radiator. I don't know if there was a transitional change from 25 to 26?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

The '17-'22 low hood shelves have only a side notch, the grommet came along later.

Good discussion on this prior post:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/44094.html?1200317598

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

The original 21 shelf's have an embossed hole where the wires come out to the head lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

A hardy thank you to all posters...as I have stated before, despite having a modest library on model T's, there is nothing like up to date knowledge...for those of us trying to rebuild , repair or restore, this site, and forum are indispensable. would be a total crap shoot w/o y'all. THANK YOU , john

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration