New to Stromberg LF questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New to Stromberg LF questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

I bought a Stromberg LF pretty reasonable and thought I might give it a try. I had intended on taking it apart and cleaning it up and seeing if I could make it work. I got it today and I took the float chamber cover off. Everything looked clean. I thought I'll just give it a try. The gasket drips where the fuel inlet banjo attaches, but that seems easy with some new gaskets. I choked it for 2 pulls, the next pull it fires off but only runs a few seconds then it popped back through the intake and died. Every time same thing. There isn't that familiar adjuster on top to mess with. Before I do anything major, could something simple need cleaning or adjusting? I don't know anything about this or any other Stromberg carburetor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/395227.html?1382298754

http://oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/Carbs/Stromberg/Stromberg_LF/Strombeg_LF_ Manual.pdf

http://s290.photobucket.com/user/fordmodelt/library/StrombergLF?sort=3&page=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Thanks for the links. Got to mow my mama's yard and I'll go home and mess with it. Seems like it runs until the priming fuel runs out. I hadn't expected it to run at all so maybe I can get it working then I'm going to put it on my 14. My 21 is good to test it but I need a front wheel. Scares me to get out of the yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

I figured out that a plug was missing. I looked and looked at the pictures in that second link and took it all apart. There were threads but no plug so I put that screw in. Put it on and it ran good. Started acting like it was running rich while I was trying to adjust it. I'll figure it out. I need to get the right size plug instead of that screw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 09:57 am:

I got it this morning. I had it adjusted way too rich. I went back last night and read closer about the initial settings. Now I need a fitting for the fuel inlet. Rubber hose pushed over the threads leaks, but runs good.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration