Auction today.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Auction today.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Lots of Ford Brown. I did manage to keep a few pieces away from the scrappers. I even got to buy a front end out from a TT that one of the scrap boys got. Right after when I walked over to look at it I realized I should have bid on it and so I went over to him and asked if he would sell the front end out from it and he said sure so I picked it up for almost what he paid for the whole thing but with no trailer I'm the one who made out better, he I'm sure thought he did, getting almost 100% more for it than he paid. In the end, I picked up 4 front axles, one rear, a pair of TT rear wheels and a 23" TT rim and a walker mechanical floor jack, the tall kind. A couple of pictures tonight and more tomorrow after I unload them out of the van. Pictures will be in the next post as they are on my phone. The total for the day with the extra to the scrap metal guy was $220.00 Been a while for me at an auction, and so I forgot the sunscreen and I should have brought more water. Except for the lack of a good punch for taking stuff apart I did ok there. Was able to cut/twist off the two bolts I needed too, the rest came apart ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

It's nice having the room the new van(new to me) gives me for this kind of thing, it was to be my way down to Chickasa last month but it let me down needing a new starter and when I took out the old one I twisted the top bolt off in the transmission housing. All back together now. On the way home with this amount of weight in it, I found it was a bit light in the front and so a new set of HD shocks are on my list of things to get done on it before I take it to the Homecoming in Richmond.
If anyone wants to put a wagon together I now have way more sets of the steering brackets for the front than I need so let me know and you can have one. I got two today but when you pay what I did you don't complain about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

If I had known about this one I would have been there to save a few things from the scrappers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

An axle or wheel was about the smallest thing you could have picked up, you needed a Big trailer if you really wanted to get stuff away from the scrappers. There was a couple of TT's that went for a bit over $120 and will try to post some tomorrow. The only thing close to a car was a 26/7 roadster pickup and it went for about $650 or a little more, very ruff and almost as bad as the sale in NEB last September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Would have loved to been at that sale. I have been looking for some 20 inch TT rear wheels and rims and some Hayes rims would have been nice too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Here is the link for the auction:
http://carrauction.com/auction/antique-tractors-farm-implements-seller-charles-s harpe/

Pic 87 Dump bed $410
Pic 59 A fence/display of T oil pans welded on 2 frames $290
Pic 23 T engine with Ricardo head on a stand....one of the better prices $250

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Those nubbed spokes look to be excellent restoration candidates !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Got the van cleaned out and disassembled most of it.
The jack is a Walker and will need to be unstuck, something to do after the end of school. If anyone here has one a post of a picture of what the wood handle looks like would help me to make a new one.

I had to cut the tires off the rims and the first one was surprised to find it still held air. Even after getting the tire mostly cut off the edge needed cutting to get it finally off. The second tire had a bit more rust and was just as much a pain as the first.

The front end from the scrapper that was under the TT that had the extra rods came apart with very little problems. These will restore very nicely for my TT project. The brackets at the rear have not been repaired and having them on the frame I noted the bolting location, it bolted around the front mounting bracket.

The piles after removing parts so everything would take up less space.

See how little room after getting rid of the extra stuff it takes up.

The van's bumper came up about 3 1/2". Some of this I'll take to the swap meet this weekend in Mcpherson.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration