What can you tel me about this model T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What can you tel me about this model T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:11 am:

popjpeg{743679,}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:12 am:

a
And how do I post more pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:15 am:

Well, it looks to be a black era coupe. Color appears correct. Seems
to have a correct type engine in place. Some silly person forgot to paint
the wheels black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:20 am:

Is that the correct upper radiator hose? I'll bet someone put marvel mystery oil into some orifice on that car. Oh my God, it has a water pump! It looks like a really nice Model T. I wish it was in my shed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 01:39 am:

Mike,
This is a doctor's T.

I imagine that he is nearby helping a patient. If you wait long enough I imagine he/she will return and let you know more about the car.

You will see more of these as doctors go to pay as you go health care.

Matthew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 01:53 am:

Aren't we a terrifically UNhelpful bunch ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 02:09 am:

Mike,

Here is the other photo

I the car looks great.

As far as posting photos, I think that somehow you may have deleted the "\" so the last photo didn't post.

Matthew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 02:33 am:

Looks like a nice 24-25 coupe from New York.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 03:09 am:

Steve, nope, it's a '23 or earlier. I'm not very good with the earlier coupes. '24-'25 coupes have the door handles at the rear of the door, they aren't "suicide" doors such as this. Also, it has a low radiator, no splash shield under the radiator or vent door in the cowl. Looks like a darn nice coupe though! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 03:14 am:

Mike, nice looking coupe. I am thinking 1919 to 1922 based on the pics. It has a generator and the doors are hinged at the rear. Just a guess, there are others on this forum that know more than myself. Drive it and enjoy it as is. Welcome aboard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:18 am:

That is a very nice looking Coupe. Early '23 or earlier because of the suicide doors. Late '23 the doors changed the hinges to the rear of the door. The squared off turtle deck is another indication of the earlier Coupes the later Coupes had a rounded transition where they tied into the rear of the cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Aha! I saw a radiator apron where there wasn't one. I should have looked at the doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:37 am:

#1 spark plug requires some attention

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 11:12 am:

No cowl lamps and straight door handles. If the door windows are regulated by a ratchet fixture to hold the glass in several positions, then I believe it's 1922-early 1923. If the door windows still have the strap to hold them up, then I believe it's 1920-1921, but then should have "bail" outside door handles. I'm guessing 1922 or early 1923.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

I can tell you it makes me regret not buying one just like it at an auction last year. Great looking T, I imagine you'll have lots of fun with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Mike, to post more pics in the same thread, after you get your first pic loaded in, go to where there's all the "jargon" and hit your "enter" key once or twice to move your curser. Then go to the "upload attachment" button again and put in another one. And another, and another if you want. Successive pics may not necessarily show up in your preview, but assuming they're small enough, they will be there once you post the actual message. Everybody else covered the car especially the model year per Dave Stroud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

The very first thing to check to see if its a 17-early 23 Coupe is the cowl. NO cowl vent means its the earlier black era Coupe

If it has a cowl vent its a 24-25 Coupe. This is the first and easiest way to tell the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Beyer on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Hi Mike,

I'm leaning toward 1923 because the trunk doesn't have a handle on it; it's opened with the key.

Look for the engine serial number on the left side of the engine, stamped on a pad just above the water inlet.

Never call it a "doctor's coupe". Just plain coupe is correct.

Others have pointed out some options on this car. The water pump, natural wood spokes instead of black paint, something going on with the oil filler. The MotoMeter is aftermarket. Were you looking to buy this? Where in NY? I have a '24 coupe outside Syracuse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

One piece front spring clamp so no earlier than 1920.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 07:44 am:

"22 turtle deck also opened with a key.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

door frames appear to be painted wood....beginning in 22, the "window and door sills were now covered with metal , as on the sedan" per Bruce McCalley p.306

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

"Never call it a "doctor's coupe". Just plain coupe is correct."

Andrew, the literalists on the forum would say that they are all coupes, but that Noel Chicoine's coupe in South Dakota is also correctly a "doctor's coupe." (I, on the other hand, own a 1924 translator's touring... :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

Made in calendar year of 1921! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration