Anyone want to play Whatisit?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone want to play Whatisit?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 03:43 am:

I picked up these brass things with some T stuff and wondered if this is T related.

Look forward to responses even if it is just for humor;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:20 am:

The, Duh, 1st one is obviously an 865 mount, 2nd one is a lock for a two door cabinet, 3rd is a cover plate.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:23 am:

I think the second one is a handcuff. Looks like one a girl I dated once had, but with out the leather straps. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:59 am:

We need to know more about your experience with that girl and her handcuffs. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:16 am:

James:
I dated a cop several years ago ...she was quite "interesting" ...probably not a story for the forum though ...always an optimist...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:48 am:

I think this thread is beginning to drift off subject.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leslie Walker on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

This is my first posting so don't yell at me too hard if I mess it up.
The second item shown brings back good memories to me when I was about 3 in 1944.
My father was in the navy and returned home on leave with all his kit in his kitbag. His kitbag was canvas with about 4 large eyelets at the top. That gizmo shown went through them all to close it and had a small padlock through the hole to secure it. The loop then formed a handle to carry it.
I remember the time very well as I got into a lot of trouble for playing with the bolt of his lee enfield that he left on a chair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

there are 2 of those kitbag locks on T-bay right now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

The 865 mount was a vastly superior version of the well known 864 unit. During the era, many pushed for an 866 upgrade but the company chose to introduce the all new Ennea mount series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 01:38 am:

Les, nobody will yell at you unless if you have a water pump on your '25... Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. :-)
Cool story by the way and good to see you here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Les,
You are correct, that is a D ring to lock a kit bag.

I love your guesses on the 865 bracket:-) I was thinking for a speedometer or light for a brass era car.

Matthew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

John S.,

Your creativity is exceeded only by your imagination. I have been accused over the years of exercising similar traits. Once my wife gave me a note tablet inscribed, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullsh*t!" Your explanation of the 865 mount history is worthy.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

I figured that they stripping wheels thread would become something like this but ya all surprised me.

There is nothing like a bunch of kinky old men that that vaguely remember something that happened when they were young!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

The first one is a taillight bracket for a pickup or depot hack.

The second one is a stirrup for horse riding.

The third is a patch for an oval hole.
Norm :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration