Polarizing generator question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Polarizing generator question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 09:15 am:

After taking the battery out for the winter, do you need to polarize the generator and if so how?

Thank you in advance,

Warren

ps: this is something that I needed to do with my 1957 Buick, which had a regulator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Warren,
It's not necessary to polarize the generator after removing the battery for winter storage.
Brent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 09:41 am:

But a good question. I have a voltage regulator in my WWII jeep which is also generator 6v negative ground system. And it is suggested to polarize the system after every battery removal.

Must be a VR thing and not a generator thing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration