E Timer experience

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: E Timer experience
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:26 am:

I drive a 23 home built truck on a car chassis. The previous owner went through it pretty thoroughly and it now runs with no magneto, out side oiler, Kevlar bands, a Jumbo Giant, a new Holley and in general has been a good running and reliable T. I built the cab. Having read the performance results of the E Timer conversion, I decided to try one and installed it Friday night. Folks, the improvement was dramatic. It runs more smoothly, accelerates more quickly and idles down very slowly without stalling. I drove around the subdivision turning corners in high with no chugging. It' s all I had hoped for. In addition, Mike is very helpful and I am altogether very pleased.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

Get out the boxing gloves!! :-) Sorry, couldn't resist stirring the pot!! The weather's finally nice and it's got me feeling frisky. So why in the hell am I here in front of this computer anyway? Gotta go!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

John:

Thanks for having trust in your purchase and sharing your experiences.....from a fellow E-Timer believer.

As Tim referenced, there may be some negative posts in this thread--- only from those who have no experience.

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Hey Bob. I just bought a nice 26 RPU that has a dead mag and I'm going to out an E-Timer on it. Can't wait to see how it runs. I drove it back from Maryland on battery... and we know how they go that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

I guess I'll "put" an E Timer on it rather than "out" an T-Eimer on it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

Well, I think the key word is experience. I don't recall any negativity from people who have actually tried the thing. I posted to encourage others to try it and also to support those who support this hobby. I wonder how much time and money went into the development of this thing. People like Mike deserve our gratitude and support. When funds are available I will order another one in case he runs out and does'n't make any more. Never know when I may come across a little runabout!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

Hey Dave...still looking for that battery carrier ?? Have one if needed.

What route did you take from Maryland ???

Text ya later....

Bob J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

Dave, if you do, take the time to follow the instructions carefully. I cut some corners and had to re-do. I think you will be very pleased with this product.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 02:50 pm:

John, next time you are wanting to show off with the s l o w idle drive into the parking lot simply retard the spark lever up and you can get the Single Cylinder chug chug chug going. I'm going to buy another one just to have one in hand to show off!
Thanks again for Mike and his second production run!

BEWARE... you know that there is a memory chip inside there that records everything from your speeding to where and who is with you in your T!! LOL I Love It

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

My sympathies to anyone who has the misfortune of monitoring my social life. May as well sit by a crypt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

I didn't really know what to expect when I was loaned an E-Timer to try. Put it this way, by the end of my first trip, I knew I had to have one.
The low idle, and smooth idle at that, is one of the E-timer's attributes that really stands out.
Also being able to go into top gear sooner simply because of the smoothness at low revs. What I really like about it on top of that is the complete absence of mechanical wear, and the variation in performance which eventually occurs because of that.
The E-Timer and Bergs radiator are easily the best two accessories I've fitted to my car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Dave, please consider that one of the reasons that the mag is dead is that there is some mechanical damage that needs to be repaired - it is worth checking out to prevent further damage.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration