Vintage Ford Show at the Museum of Transportation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Vintage Ford Show at the Museum of Transportation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

The Museum of Transportation in St. Louis County held its annual Vintage Ford Show today under sunny skies. It was for Fords 1959 and earlier, but the cars were predominantly As and Ts. As usual, there were more As, but they have a larger club. We turned out 15 cars, which was pretty good. A nice mix this year of open and closed cars.

The Model T lineup.

My car.

My windshield display in commemoration of the fact that it was exactly 100 years ago today that the Battle of Vimy Ridge began (which was a major victory for the Canadians) and also 100 years go that my grandmother's brother was wounded. He died of his wounds the next day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Thanks for the pics, Dick!

I drove Betsy to the show from Hillsboro, MO, about 31 miles each way. All of my pictures will be in an album on my Facebook page, but here are the pics I took of the St. Louis Model T Club performing their rapid-assembly T demonstration. Took them just over 11 minutes this time! :-)

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

pic6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

It was a great day outside today even if it was windy. Someone should announce these events here before they are over.
I couldn't have cone today, but I could have told some interested people about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Mark, as often as I have seen the rapid-assembly demo, I still get a kick out of it. By the way, you caught my right arm and my right foot in your third photo, standing next to Karl Abe.

Herb, that is a valid point. I understand the the County is not longer managing events at the Museum, but that the Transportation Museum Association is. I guess there's a learning curve. It's not enough to invite the car clubs, you have to publicize the event as well. This one was not publicized, so it was pretty much old Ford owners looking at other old Ford owners' cars. They need to get the word out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Cool Dick, while your at it, tell them that their so called 1915 is actually '16. Steve Jelf will be proud !!

Geo.n L.O. (form.L.A.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Mark, I just checked with Sam. The fastest time for the rapid assembly with starting and running the car at the end is about 7:45. (They did it at the St. Louis Auto Show one year in 6:40, but weren't allowed to start the car.)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration