Finally on the Road

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Finally on the Road
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

After buying my 1927 Tudor last fall, I finally got her on the road this weekend - thanks in no small part to all my new friends in the Milwaukee T Club. The list of repairs we made this winter is too long to list, but included re-wiring the car, lots of engine work, new exhaust system, respoked wheels, and a complete rebuild of the rear end. Yesterday we finally put Hupty back together again and she's been running like a top. I've been getting more comfortable driving and have already been ticking names off my "give me a ride" list. I've been collecting smiles and waves, and even met neighbors I didn't know I had. What an amazing experience - and this was just in the first weekend of the season. I can't wait to see what the rest of spring and summer bring us.

But a million thanks to he Milwaukee T Club. The work and guidance they put in was amazing. This project was not without a few setback, some significant, but they always reassured me that this is the nature of the beast - and they were right. Amazing. Thanks to all the club members and folks on this list who talked me thru some issues along the way. I'm sure there will be more issues, setbacks, and frustrations along the way, bit now I know why the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow looks like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

Now you can go find a quiet parking lot and start teaching your son how to drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Good to hear Eido!
Another T back out on the road!
Another driver/owner getting used to his old chariot!
Darned old things are quite the conversation starters aren't they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

Congratulations, we need to start sending out certificates of completions. Quite an accomplishment. I am almost done with Shirley. All back together again :-) still with starting problems despite all new nearly everything :-(

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration