FJ - Grateful and Thankful

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Grateful and Thankful
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

I received a very nice p.m. from another member today who thanked me for sharing an embarrassing incident that recently helped to serve as a reminder for him.

That got me to thinking ...

This forum is unique in many ways.

For many of us it is family.

We offer advice, hopefully we learn something, and often we are a great source of consolation in troubled times for each other.

So I extend my gratitude and sincere thanks to members of my family here on the forum.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Someday I'll tell the story, but not today. Sometimes, going to the forum and asking a simple question is the only way for some people who have some special circumstances to get the answers they need.

Telling someone to buy the manual or read the book isn't always practical.

I could not have done ANYTHING on the War Wagon without the help of the forum and the PM's from members who guided me through the process.

Next time someone asks a "stupid" question on the forum, just answer it or move on. Berating them for not going to the manual or book isn't helping anyone.

My thanks to all. I intend to pay it forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

I cannot begin to understand how some of youz'alls do it. I am SO
fortunate to just happen to like T's in a place like Spokane. The Antique
Auto Ranch is here. It is the epicenter of T activity and knowledge and
it is right in my back yard !

Anything a person could possibly want to know about T's. Probably
ANY early car. Parts, machine work, fabrication .....

I am so grateful to have such a wonderful resource that is so scarce
for others right here. It makes learning and being a T guy so much easier
than it must be when you are alone in a "wilderness of modern" and the
best you can do is the internet or long road trips.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

FJ, it's been a pleasure to get to know you on the forum. Like many of the great vendors we have, you provide a service and are "one of us" at the same time. I'm glad you joined the forum and I enjoy your threads and posts.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

FJ,

We are blessed to have such a great group of folks. These guys and an occasional gal have always been there when I needed them (loss of Dad, loss of Mom etc.). And they are really helpful to me and so many others.

My thanks to you and all the others that help support our hobby, club, forum, and members.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

IMHO: There is no really "STUPID" question! The person asking a "STUPID Question, is just an un-informed person. Just think back we were all asking stupid questions because were not informed like we are now.
I see questions asked that I say to myself why would they ask a question like that but they have not been there like a lot of us. NUFF SAID
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:49 am:

What I like is going to swap meets, and being able to meet some of the guys I've been chatting with on this forum. It's nice to place a face to a name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

:-) :-)

There may not be any stupid questions but some of the answers come pretty close!

:-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

The forum is valuable in so many ways. Many cars have been corrected in the parts and appearance thank to the information shared and available here. I know it has been a source of inspiration to start and keep at projects. My cars and paintings have benefited more than I can express from the generosity of forum members.
Many have shared experiences that give us food for thought and often make us better for it.
Thanks to all who participate.
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration