STEERING GEAR BOXES!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: STEERING GEAR BOXES!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Steering Gear Boxes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

This steering Box was acquired from a gentlemen that bought it from a Ford Garage that had sold out. It was some sort of a floor demo that had been used to sell the Box. No name on the unit, but I thought that possibly someone would know what it was. Believe it to be NOS, but have no idea what make it is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

It's probably no good. Just send it to me and I'll uh, "test" it for you on my speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

Sprague

A post from 2012
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/273498.html?1331531438

Also for sale on the classifieds, you can add it to your line of credit at the bank, you won't buy it with loose change!

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/742809.html?1491406083

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

That is a very neat cross steer set up just like The Sprage. It would be nice to identify just what it is? John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:01 am:

I understand that there was a Ross box that was, like Bills, set up for cross steer, but the Ross I found at Chick is made for side steer like a Model A! I would love to find some sort of box that would work cross steer like this one of Bills if anyone has ONE THEY WOULD CONSIDER PARTING WITH? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

John there's one for sale exactly like you want in the classifieds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Seth: Hi From Iowa: Thanks for the heads up! Yes it is just what I would like to try, but a little out of my price range (Iowa Farmer)! I'm not saying it's not worth it I'm just saying to rich for me! I have a side steer Ross & can make do with it if I use an A or chev mount! Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

Yeah, I want one really bad too. Even one of Les Schuberts reproductions would be awesome, but I just don't have the $ for that either.

I will say that I added friction shocks and panhard bars to my speedster and it makes a huge different in how well the car steers. The Ross/Sprague box would be nice but it's not as necessary as I used to think.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration