More Problems with Snyder's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: More Problems with Snyder's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

I ordered off their website a Monocle WINDSHIELD, add says comes complete with Bracket. for $210 (Brass). again- "comes WITH bracket", what I get is a bracket only, no WINDSHIELD. Called and even the gal who answered the phone agreed with me. Talked with Tom and his is too proud to admit they are writing their ad wrong. book.

Monocle Windshield
Comes complete with the bracket that attaches to the steering column. They will need polishing. U.S.A.

Choose a Variation
Quantity
T-8000-AL $83.00 / ea.
Aluminum
Quantity
T-8000-BR $210.00 / ea.
Brass
ADD TO CART ADD TO WISHLIST BACK TO LISTING

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

What did you get? Did you get what is pictured on the web site?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

They never have come with the glass. But I guess if they did, that would give something to complain about if the glass got broke in transit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

I agree Mark. The web site says does not come with glass. Maybe they added that after the phone call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

I've got no dog in this fight, but this is what Snyder's offering looks like:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

That's what I read also when I went to their website. I don't see where it says the windshield glass comes with it. And it does say 'does not include glass'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

yeah they just changed the ad. I pasted above what it was.

Any RE Helgeson- You can't NOT see glass, glass is clear. :-)

onward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Really? I didn't see anything that looks like windshield glass in the in the drawing (catalog) or photo on the web site. I see a frame and bracket.

I don't see the steering column that it attaches to either, yet it was mentioned.

Time to Lawyer-up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

The new Snyders catalog add on page T-86 does say Monocle Windshield but doesn't mention 'no glass'.

The online add is clearly written while the catalog add is not as clear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

If you read what I pasted in the first post, before they changed the website, that is how the ad read. They were nice enough to update the site after I called.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

It's a matter of perception- I've looked at the ad 50 times, never once did I think the glass came with it. I don't think any vendor furnishes glass included with ant type of frame. My 2 cents worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

I noticed they also raised the price of the firewall I bought last week by $5. Looks like I got in under the wire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coleman-Grand Marais MN/Detroit MI on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

I have always had rapid, respectful, and accurate dealings with Snyder's. They have always been eager to make certain things went well. I am surprised that others would have a different experience. Then there is the OTHER supplier of Model T parts beginning with an M .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Jake,

Should have called your local dealer, it would have been clear up front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

David, I'll second your experience dealing with Snyder's. Respectful respectful response to respectful questions wins every time.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

Andy, We need to get you set up w E-commerce. Ive done that a few times over the years. Coupled with some good made in the USA manufacturers.

Today Snyder's lost me as a customer for life.This is the third incident in 6 months. I take my car hobby very seriously. Parts suppliers are critical to this hobby. By changing their website within the hour of my call they clearly admitted to my concern but refused to admit on the phone. That is what I call a small man. Shame Shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

I've been doing business with Snyders for decades and have always had first class service. They are great ambassadors for our hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

I buy all my Model A parts from Snyder's - all of them (and I have more As than Ts). They are fantastic. On two separate occasions in the last decade, when I called about an issue with one of their parts, they sent a replacement without any additional cost to me (no return request for the defective part, no shipping charge on the replacement). I have ordered hundreds of parts from them over the years, had only those two issues and was more than satisfied with how they resolved the problem.

I called their tech assistance line one Saturday to ask a question about throwout bearing installation. They answered my question and I went back to the garage to finish the job. Two hours later, they called me back just to see if everything went OK. They have a customer for life with me.

I have NEVER heard of any vendor supplying glass with any frame - and I've been at this for 40 years. Absolute nonsense.

The SHAME here isn't Snyder's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Well sorry to tell it like it is but the facts are the facts. We all mess up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

Well looked it up in 2017 catalog just arrived no glass just rough castings
Even the stock windshield frames say NO GLASS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Jake ,you owe Snyder's a big apology. I have been buying from them for over 50 years,and never had a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

I'm siding with Snyder's on this one also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

I have no Fight in this Dog .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

Jake:
I have done business with Snyder's for 30 yrs. ...always satisfied with their service and descriptions of items ...you will notice comments on some parts that indicate that they may require some fitting or are not the best quality...an effort is made to give a short ,accurate description ...I will always recommend their business and will try to purchase parts there first ...Snyder's gets an A+ from me ...always an optimist...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 06:34 am:

Think everyone sees what the "facts" are here. Really hope Chris deletes this thread - totally unfair to Snyder's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 06:52 am:

"More problems with Snyders"

Jake did you get the CLUB magazine this month which lists them as one of the two highest contributors to the museum last year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:14 am:

I don't understand why there is a problem. Nowhere in the ad, whether in the catalog or in the online , is there a mention of glass. As for glass being clear and "invisible", line drawings most always show an outline for clarification.

You are absolutely right Jake, anyone can mess up and it looks like you did by assuming the glass was supplied when it was never claimed or indicated. Where is the fault now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:21 am:

I have had great dealings with Snyder's.

I can see where someone might misconstrue the ad if they didn't note that the picture does not indicate any glass. Even though glass is transparent, if it was included with the bracket there should have been a line indicating the edge. "A picture is worth a thousand words." To avoid a customer making the same mistake again, they have added few words to make it OBVIOUS there is no glass. I don't take that as an admission of guilt, but an once of prevention to avoid someone else assuming that glass was included when most people would not have though so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:23 am:

James and I were thinking along the same lines--he was quicker!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:38 am:

James, this is pretty simple really. The world windshield implies glass. This is not an assumption but the use of language. Moreover as I stated, they even go so far as to say complete WITH the bracket. In the end it is just a bracket. To put the nail in the coffin their own personal read the ad when I called and concurred. Oh then they actually changed the ad yesterday.

I have bought a lot of glass from auto parts vendors over the years. Yes they ship it.

Regardless of their contributions I have had a few mishaps. I am done with them. Moving on....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 08:11 am:

Jake

If you haven't noticed, thus far there is not one poster who agrees with your perspective on this matter.

I think it's time for you to double down; again.

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 08:16 am:

You are correct Tim, not one poster. Not looking for concurrence. Just sharing my experience. Take it or leave it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 08:39 am:

(Message edited by Handymanjason on April 12, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 08:45 am:

On your own with this one Jake! No suppliers, no parts! They do us a great service. Really? Who would ship glass???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 08:51 am:

^^^ I bought safari windshields for one my split busses. They shipped the glass. Just saying they do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:10 am:

I have done business with Snyder's for 10 yrs. ...always satisfied with their service and descriptions of items ... Most of my item were bought from Lang's but sometime with Snyder's and both supplier are awesome. Maybe you just need to talk with them to fix your issue and finding happy ending.

Just my thoughts,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:28 am:

The picture implies no glass. All of their photos are first rate. Why would they take a picture where they just cut off half of the glass from the photo?

Given OPs description of what was on original website, and giving him the benefit of the doubt, it was AT WORST ambiguous or unclear whether glass was included and he should've called first. Sour grapes dude. Certainly does not warrant bad-mouthing Snyder's. I have never had anything but excellent service from them and never heard of anyone receiving anything but excellent service from them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Vendors ship glass all the time. Ordering headlight lenses or tail light tea cups will get you glass in the mail. They also sell the kerosene lamp lenses. I haven't had my nose in a catalog in quite some time but they also used to sell precut windshield glass. How was that delivered?

I'm not in this one way or the other but if Jake didn't get what he was expecting, perhaps he should send it back for a refund. Case closed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Jake, The "bracket" is what attaches the monocle windshield frame to the steering column. The picture clearly shows what they are selling. It does not show glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:48 am:

It is amazing to me that we have suppliers for parts for these 100 year old cars who provide free advice, materials (Lang's gasket poster, for one),and come out with new products to support the hobby. With the exception of the one supplier we all know about, the service, delivery, and support is fantastic. Snyder's' gets my parts to me within days and often any problems are beyond their control. I just got my new catalog and the explanations on 99% of their items are very good - this one not so good. Had I ordered it, and it arrived with no glass, I would go back to the ad, review it, and go buy the glass and be happy just being able to get the bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Seth, I called. Talked to Tom, he was less than empathetic after the fact.

Stephen, spot on. I am getting glass cut for the bracket.

Jerry, glass will not show up in pic. again, Windshield implies there is something to stop the wind, i.e glass. Original ad did not say "glass not included like the ad that was changed post phone call.

glad I could help them fix their description.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Jake, what's your stand on Marvel Mystery Oil ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:13 am:

Jake,

Why does this have to be such a big deal? O.K., there was a misunderstanding, that's life, happens every day, to me at least. Oh, crap, no glass... Have you noticed that Synders is a mom & pop organization? Do you think they have a large editorial staff working on their catalog & website? Do you believe that they have exceeded human frailty such they should no longer make a mistake? Or, for that matter, have you?

You say that Tom was not understanding of the situation. Well, since this seems to be a big enough issue for you to rake their name across the internet, could it be possible that your attitude at the time was less than "businesslike"?

My gosh. You expected glass and you didn't get it. I wish all my troubles were so trivial. Move on, be happy, drive your car, have fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Jerry, Believe me Im not spun up. More of a PSA- this is the 3rd prob. Ive moved on. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Anybody who is thinking about going in the business of supplying parts or some kind of service to this or similar "hobby" buyers should read this thread.

A. To find out what you are going to run into with a customer once in awhile.

B. To see how much support there is from most people for businesses that are doing everything they can to be in business, stay in business, make a little money and enjoy what they are doing as well as support the hobby.

C. I don't care what business you are in there is going to be somebody who doesn't like what you do and the way you do it. As I have said a lot of times in the last 55 years of being involved in businesses from water well drilling, Honky Tonk bars, 35 years and 416 auctions in the auction business, 50+ years in the bowed instrument business, a dozen or so years in brass carburetors, 50+ years ranching and a couple others I'd just as soon forget == They Crucified Jesus and shot Abraham Lincoln, what chance have I got!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Stan,

You're looking good for a 202 year old guy! Keep it up!

:-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Can someone please delete this thread ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:59 am:

To avoid confusion, the part could be listed this way:

"Monocle Windshield Frame with Steering Column Mounting Bracket"

as opposed to

(Snyders) Monocle Windshield Bracket

(Langs) Brass Monocle Windshield

https://www.modeltford.com/item/M1.aspx

As far as glass goes, the supplier who makes the frame or the vendors themselves could have some glass cut and sell that also. After all, a person who buys the frame ultimately needs the glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:47 am:

No dealer has ever offered glass with the monocle windshield and neither does the manufacturer. And the add plainly says so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:56 am:

I built a speedster in 1990 when I was 18 years old. I bought a monicle windshield for it at that time and received exactly what Jake recently received. I bought it from Rootlieb, who at the time was the manufacturer. I was not disappointed because NONE of the T Parts catalogs showed glass in their pictures and therefore I didn't expect it. A picture is worth a thousand words and Snyder's ad is just that, a picture and a couple words. If the picture and words didn't agree, then you should have clarified before ordering.

I'm guessing that this part has probably been listed the same in all the catalogs for DECADES and this is the first time there was an issue... If there had ever been an issue before, then it would have been worded different. The parts dealers are very good about making corrections.

Glass is also a dicey proposition from any retailers point of view. By law, windshields may have to meet certain standards in certain states. I believe its a federal law that any retail glass has to be stenciled if its safety glass or laminated glass. Most hobbyists don't want a 1"x1" stencil on their glass, so PREFER to have it made to order at a glass shop where they don't have to do that sort of thing. Some consumers want tempered glass, even though it isn't real safe for windshields and probably unlawful in some states. There are different glass tints. There are different ways to grind and finish the exposed edges. Some people want the bottom round to fit the frame and the top a little oval. Not to mention that INSTALLING glass is a SKILLED TRADE and needs to be done AFTER polishing , fitting, and finishing the part. AND after all that, glass prices are usually so competitive that the hobbyist can get it locally for the same price the dealer would pay for it BEFORE marking it up, so WHY OFFER IT in the first place?

And if you think you are unhappy now, just wait until you try fitting it to your steering column...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

Jake, your skin seems to be wearing very thin. If this ad included glass in the picture it would have had an outline of the glass in the photo to show that. The size of the picture is not large enough to assume there is glass included.

When I read the ad I took it to mean the complete with a "mounting bracket" which many times if found at a swap meet would be missing. Be happy you could simply find what you wanted on the shelf.

In case of a question I always call for clarification before I order Especially when it seems like you had problems before. Most of us it looks like deal with any issues with our vendors and refrain from posting how bad a vendor is or how hurt our feelings may have been because we didn't hear a nice enough apology.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Flora on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

Have been dealing with Snyders for over 20 years and their service is world class. They are an asset to the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

If I were a vendor of parts for Model T Fords I would add another name to my list of individuals that I would politely decline to serve.

And, I respectfully disagree with those who believe that this thread should be closed or removed. Although Jake is not pleased with Snyder's, I doubt anyone reading this thread would be dissuaded from ordering from Snyder's given the resounding level of support from those who have a different and positive view of Snyder's.

The facts are pretty clear, to even the most casual observer. Jake has had three issues with Snyder's in a matter of months. Most have never had an issue with Snyder's....over a period of many years. Draw your own conclusion as to where the problem lies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

Two things. Just got a new Snyders catalog in the mail today. The catalog says windshield including bracket, so one might assume glass. Two, this is a phone call problem, not a flame on the forum issue. I have never had a problem with snyders.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

Some people would gripe if you hung them with a new rope!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

I purchased a gas tank from Snyders a while back and when I finally got around to installation I opened the valve and nothing happened. Wouldn't you think if they advertised it as a gas tank it should be full of gas? Over fifty years of doing business with Snyders and nothing but integrity and honesty!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Jake, maybe you need to switch your purchases to Mac's so you can REALLY get screwed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

Hold on : DID THE ORIGINAL ADD SAID : '' MONOCLE WINDSHIELD COMPLETE WITH BRACKET ? AND DOES NOTTT MENTION : "GLASS NOT INCLUDED " ?????? IF THATS THE CASE ..... WHERES THE GLASS ? GO GET IT . BY LOOKING AT WHAT THE FIRST 10 COMMENTS .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Jason love Walice and Gromit and whole claymation thing
Jake just go to any local glass shop have them cut you a circle or oval shouldnt be to much

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 12:18 am:

I never liked the monocle thing anyway. Get a real windshield or none at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 09:40 am:

Well , some people are not taking this serious anymore . They should start their own model t circus blog .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:02 am:

I thought this was it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

I dunno, any posting with Wallace & Gromit in it has to be OK to me!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

Wish they would do a Wallace and Gromit "Day in a Model T" show. Oh the adventures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Mike,

I see you registered a couple of months ago ....

UPPER CASE sentences are the equivalent of SHOUTING.

After you have been on the form for a while you will see that some threads can take a different direction ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Freighter,

Well, maybe he meant to shout...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

Several suicides have been found NATIONWIDE TODAY- ALL had this thread on their computer screen when the bodies were found.....true!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

I'm glad that Snyders is finally getting some press. #1 always gets the good remarks. #3 always gets the bad. Snyders is my favorite, and they rarely make the forum.
My only- note.... only.... Gripe against Snyders is the fact that every time I look up a part I have to weed through the Model A parts. Sure, probably my fault, but they could fix it on their end...so dummies like me wouldn't find Model A parts on my doorstep when I thought I ordered a Model T part. Just me I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

Well this thread took a different direction for sure Freighter Jim. I even started to laugh a bit at the Walice and Gromit.

I had some glass cut to fit the "bracket" I bought and got it all mounted up. Fired up the T today with a buddy and took a mid afternoon cruise. All of life's problems sure did disappear for an hour or so on that ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Alls well that ends well!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

I have no dog in this fight either and I'm not a lawyer or play one on TV, but I would think that with various different state laws regarding vehicle safety requirements, that any vendor would want to get into the glass windshield business.

Frames and brackets only and you take them to your local glass shop, auto glass shop, or Home Depot or whatever.

I would have presumed, that regardless of the verbage or grammar, that glas was NOT included with this. If it was, I would expect much more description i.e., tempered safety glass, clear, tinted, beveled, rounded, polished edges, etc.

Send it back and get a refund. Or is the OP just looking for a way to get a free windshield? Does he fly United?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Well Robert as RR would say "there you go again". I've restored 15 autos in my day and have purchased several pieces of glass that were shipped. Look at yearone.com , classic industries, and on and on. These are BIG windshields, side glass, rear glass. It IS common to expect a windshield to come with glass when the description states windshield.

Yes I still say Snyder's needs to take one on the chin for their misrepresentation. Yet again, they changed their ad substantially after I called. Yes I called first to ask nicely if the glass was being shipped separately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

IM SORRY FREIGHTER jim BUT WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? I THINK YOU JUST WANT PUBLICITY RIGHT ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Jim is correct. By common internet custom, all caps is considered the equivalent of shouting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

I knew Id learn something if I kept reading this thread. Thanks Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

Youre right Steve. The question is : what i was shouting . So lets go back to the comment and see . Why are we changing the subject ? If you dont like the subject , just dont comment on . We are talking about a problem with a fellow t owner , so for the jerks out there that dont want to respect his opinion and help him , just move over . By the way Jim :

WHY ARE YOU CHECKING PEOPLES PROFILE ? DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT THE PERSON COMMENT ? OR YOURE JUST STALKING ME ? Thats weird ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Speaking of misrepresentation, the title of the OP's thread was "more problems with ...". And yet, I've only read about the one windshield bracket issue.

What are the other alleged problems? Or, does someone have communication challenges? Myself included?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

Jake Mayne : On behalf of all fellow t owners , im sorry that your concern ended up screwed by some BOZOS . According to what you said in the beginning and John Kuehn also agreed among others is the the add said : a monocle windshield complete with bracket . Never mentioned " no glass" . So i think theres no question about that your comment on this thread is valid and very fair and of great value for all. Again , im sorry about the ones that did not pay the deserved respect to you . THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT OTHER THINGS .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration