Old Photo - Model T Era Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

Everybody's stopped to help the guy with the flat tire. Or to watch. Looks like a big Sunday outing. And what's up with the ladder on that house roof?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

I like the bedding being aired out on the second floor balcony.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

The ladder's are probably to clean chimney. The house to the left has one to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Drone-Ypsilanti, MI on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

That's an interesting lean the front wheels on the car on the left has. I wonder if it's an optical illusion.

Patrick
Ypsi, MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:53 am:

Looks like a Model T tour, one guy stops to fix a flat and 20 others stop to offer advice on how to do it. :-) They better hurry or they will miss the ice cream stop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deke Martin on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:05 am:

I think the picture is skewed, the cars on the right are leaning inward too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Dallas, you're probly right, but you'd think they'd put the dang thing closer to the chimney! Pretty steep roof to go walking over even on the ridge. Yeh, I like the bedding getting the farts aired out of 'em too! Accurate description Dennis!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:38 am:

The "ladder" on the near building leads to a dormer, not a chimney. It is interesting that they nailed their ladders to the roof, either they were really inexpensive or you needed an excuse not to loan them to a neighbor.

The rear seat passenger in the 1913 touring on the left isn't wearing a hat, pretty rare in a street scene photo.

That lean looks like a short focal length lens aberration.

IMHO, TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:13 am:

Terry, in those days you didn't go out and buy a ladder. If you needed one, you made it yourself. (I still do - depending on the use)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration