26/27 Tudor Front Passenger Seat Mounting Hardware Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26/27 Tudor Front Passenger Seat Mounting Hardware Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Will on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

Is the front passenger seat mounted with two front legs like the driver seat or is it mounted almost directly to the floor with two eyelets? I just bought a seat for my 26 Tudor that has two eyelets and it fits so close to the floor that it will not fold up under the dash. Did I get the wrong seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Tom, the passenger seat is on the right. One picture is worth lots of words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Will on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

Thanks Kevin! Your picture answers my question. I got the wrong seat. maybe the one I got is for an earlier year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 02:23 am:

Or for a Model A Tudor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 06:11 am:

My seats are out of a '26 Improved car Tudor. Engine had a late September '25 date, so I would think the car was assembled within the next few weeks. Someone did an awful upholstering job, but outside of the fabric, the rest of the seat is original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

Kevin's pictures match my '26 Tudor's seats--although Kevin's are in much better condition!
The Model A tudor used a seat very much like the passenger seat in the '26, although, if memory serves me correctly, the T seat doesn't have springs in the backrest and the A ones do. BUT, that's from memory!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration