1918 Battle Creek Michigan Review Parade-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1918 Battle Creek Michigan Review Parade-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:07 am:

There ought to be a Ford in there somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:36 am:

I'm sure there is, and I see a couple of poor ol' horses "hanging in there" for posterity!
Nice pic again Herb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Yep! A 1916 T in the lower right corner of the photo.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Yes, Jeff Ford is in the second row fourth guy from the right, just behind the color guard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:40 am:

And I thought it was some kind of a race, looking at the guy with a number 7 on his back in the lower right.
Silly Me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:56 am:

I wonder about the car with the hard/soft top and the people sitting in it??????? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Kenneth---Looks like a Towncar to me
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

don! could it be a cabriolet with a trunk out the back????that could be the steering column in the door window?? just guessing!! Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

Probably at Ft Custer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

Yes, Battle Creek is my home town and this photo was taken at Ft Custer. Quite a car show. I first got into old cars there in Battle creek when walking home from school one day. Took a short-cut and noted a garage open, saw the rear end of a 1909 Cadillac sticking out with a guy under it doing some work. Got the garage tour and first heard stories about Hershey there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 11:48 am:

It is a nice photo.
I am surprised no one mentioned the days when we sent our 25 cents and two box tops to Battle Creek. Then anxiously waited for our Rin Tin Tin binoculars or Voodoo mask or some other wonderful item to arrive.
That is where my mind first went.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

Richard,

I still remember my Tom Corbett Space Cadet ray gun that shot puffs of powder. And the little submarine that would rise and submerge in the sink.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

I spent three days in Ft. Custer in January, 1953 when I was separated from active duty to the Ready Reserves after serving in the US Army in Germany. I was the Company Clerk for Company H of the 109th Infantry of the 28th Division.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration