Old Photo - M. Kruger & Co. TT Truck With Tall Bed Cage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - M. Kruger & Co. TT Truck With Tall Bed Cage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

I don't know if that's a TT or not, but if it is it's been significantly modified. Whether it's a T or a TT, the neither the front wheels nor the rear wheels look like Ford wheels. The wheel base sure looks a lot longer than a TT. I'm not sure what to make of the running board, it looks longer than a TT running board and shorter than a T running board.

I think it's some sort of TT after market kit. What say the rest of you?

Very cool photo Jay. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Looks like a commercial job of car chassis conversion to truck. Since the picture was taken in San Francisco, this may be a Fabco conversion done across the bay in Oakland. They made outside brakes for Ts and other items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

There were several Truck extensions made for Model T one ton truck chassis.
Here is one well know one the Olson Extension.

Ford Canada, Australia, New Zealand and England used one of their extensions to make a two ton Ford Chassis.

It was an extended frame, truck Ruckstell axle with a extended tailshaft and half elliptic springs.

Olson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

If these were 2-ton trucks with Model T engines and transmissions in San Francisco, I'm glad I never had to be behind one going up or in front of one coming down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

yep, I've seen many pictures floating around of the different brands. had one on mine before I bought it. my frame has the rust scars to show. moisture sets in between the frame where it is bolted together. it was an Olson if I recall but can't be sure. now on a tt in Michigan being restored. I have pictures somewhere. some were chain drive extensions. Burger, how fast can this one go? nice truck but I have to admit it looks like a true tt tortoise. maybe workhorse is more complimentary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Fahrni on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

Thanks Peter, now I know what my TT is! It has got to be an Olson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Did they use the stock rear axle ? Sure makes a stout looking truck frame.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration