Old Photo - Shannonville Model T Fire Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Shannonville Model T Fire Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Wow - look at the "meats" on the back of that Baby !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Any history on the photo ? Looks to be later than the "period", possibly when the truck was restored. The vanity "Lorne" isn't typical of 20's lettering.

Looking at this, it occurs to me that "upside down" steering wheel would be very inconvenient to drive, making you reach for the spark and throttle levers. Maybe fitted with a foot-feed ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Photo looks like it is from the 60's or 70's to me. Do not recognize the manufacturer for this one. May be a local built rig or someones recreation from parts. You can obviously see the hose reel but I can't see any signs of a chemical tank in the bed. Hose size is too small for a pumper and no pump either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Literature dealer Walter Miller is selling the photo on eBay - you can see it here - no additional details are provided.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1924-Ford-Model-T-Childs-Fire-Truck-Original-Small-Photo -Shannonville-ft1500-/351932212658?hash=item51f0cb65b2:g:rtIAAOSw4GVYQHVU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Can't see anything that identifies it as a O.J. Childs rig but I can't say it isn't either. The cowl and seat design do not match any Childs rigs I am aware of at this point.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration