1917-22 roadster top bow width

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1917-22 roadster top bow width
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

Can someone tell. Me the width of the straight wood top bows metal to metal for a 1917-22 roadster with rectangular bows?

I nave 32 1/2 for #2
And 31 3/4 for #3

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

I ordered a set of wood bows from Lang's

I will post lengths when I receive them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 10:59 pm:

I for one would appreciate that Michael. :-)
The top bows and sockets/irons that came with my '18 might be correct but I'd like to be sure.
Thanks much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

Received my new bows from Lang's. very nice
Front. . Overall 36 1/2. Between metal 31 7/8
Middle Overall . 37 1/4 Between metal 32 5/8
Rear Overall 36 1/2. Between metal . 32 7/8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Mike,thanks for posting those measurements. I didn't have a front bow to measure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 11:26 am:

correction, the rear bow should be the same as the front. 31 7/8 between metal. Sorry for any confusion.

Corrected dimensions:

Front. . Overall 36 1/2. Between metal 31 7/8
Middle Overall 37 1/4 Between metal 32 5/8
Rear Overall 36 1/2. Between metal 31 7/8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Curses, foiled again! On my '18 Runabout anyway.
I'm glad you brought this up.
It forced me to study the catalogs and the few top parts I have and they're next older top bows/irons.
I got me an edumacation today and it's starting to make more sense. That's a good thing. :-)
Thanks Michael!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration