1923 touring body for sale $5500

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1923 touring body for sale $5500
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Allen on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 12:11 am:

1923 touring complete body for sale $55001923 touring complete body for sale $5500

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 01:19 am:

Why would anyone remove and/or replace a body that appears as nice as this one, even though it is the wrong color? I'm not a fan of speedsters or hacks and I hope it doesn't become a street rod. The buyer and seller can do as they wish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

"wrong color" is being polite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

I like it. I also like that wire wheel behind it. Dayton?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

It must be nice to have a shop that clean with that much room....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

Marv,

I'm a little spooked by it. Looks suspicious to me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

I agree Jerry....something doesn't pass the smell test.

This looks like sheetmetal about to be placed on a car in a restoration shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

You don't suppose that's a picture of a model, say 1/24 or 1/25 scale? If so the stuff in the background is miniature too, I suppose. Or trick photography?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 05:57 pm:

I think you guys have been drinking too much Marvel Mystery Oil! They guy is just trying to sell an nice body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Wait a minute...you're not supposed to drink Marvel Mystery Oil?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Eastwood on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

I know where this came from. The car had a Fronty & Buffalos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Jerry,Don, Tommy, you got it all wrong. They took the drivetrain to put a late model body on it. It has a 66 chevell body now.
Looks like a good deal if body is as nice as it looks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

Looks like a good deal to me- blue or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I know where it came from too. He wanted to build a speedster and found a nice touring with a Fronty, Buffaloes, Warford, and Ruckstell for far less than assembling one from scratch, so now there is a nice body with a good top and upholstery and paint for sale at less than it would cost to fix your own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Allen on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 12:44 am:

Guys, this is hilarious. Jeff Hood is correct; I bought this about a month ago for the sole purpose of using the chassis, Fronty, Buffaloes, and Ruckstell, but I had no use for the body, because I am putting a PACO on the chassis.

I was told that this car was pieced together about 35 years ago with original parts, (The body is original) so I am not dismantling an original car. I wish I was smart enough to do trick photography, but I'm not! The car is in Santa Maria CA if anybody wants to take a look at it. car when i purchased it march 17dismantling it in my new hobby shop march 22chassis in northern california getting fitted for new PACO body april 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 01:12 am:

Wow, wish I could afford it, easy way to a finished T! Uh, might be the pics, but isn't that a high hood job?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Allen on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 11:03 am:

the new hood will slant down to a low radiator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

thank you for posting info about this being an assembled car....nothing sadder then destroying an original car, no matter the make, or how many were made...I consider this a respectable progression in the life of this car. hope to see photos of finished project. Good luck !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration