1923 Touring Car Update

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1923 Touring Car Update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny_s on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:48 am:

I had posted regarding a loud banging noise when the drivetrain was under load.

I rebuilt the engine over the winter and found the rod and main bearings to have
too much play. I re-shimmed and tightened everything up, new rings, new
adjustable valves, magnets, coil ring, rod cap dippers, oversized oil tube etc.

All the nasty noises are gone
now.It runs quiet like a sewing machine.

Thanks to all that had offered help and guidance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

Where you able to get in touch with western ma model t club. In pretty sure I sent you the contact info. Sounds like a job well done, hopefully we cross paths this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Hi Danny, you should have a nice ride in the Quabbin area this summer. Maybe we could meet some time, I'm from Belchertown and also have a 23 touring that I bought last fall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

""quiet like a sewing machine"-- you sure you still have a model T???
:-) Congrats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

Hey Tom, sorry I didn't get back to you. I was planning on going to last club meeting but had a death in family and couldn't make it. I'm really hoping to take more time for old car fun this summer!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration