Cyclone Carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cyclone Carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

Here is an interesting carb I picked up the other day. It could be new old stock but I don't think so, hasn't had much use if it isn't. Externally it is very similar to a U & J but internally is quite a bit different. It has a manifold similar to a U & J but not exactly the same.

If I was rich I would reproduce these and make a bunch of Model T's go fast. Not gonna happen.

I've never seen one before, figured you guys hadn't either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 03:35 am:

Neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Stan
What size are the throats?
Let's say a guy made 10 of them, what do you think a fair price would be? I do have the foundry and machine shop connections.
Have you test run it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

I need to take another look at it and as soon as I have time I will get it on something and run it. It was missing the needle so I'll have to get one to fit.

Les, the biggest expense in making them would probably by the royalty payments to me for the design rights! =)

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

The throat size is inch and a quarter. One of the cool things about this is that it can be turned so it mounts on either a parallel or perpendicular flange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Now I better understand

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration