Happy Easter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Happy Easter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 07:49 am:

I'd like to take this time to wish everyone a Happy Easter. After celebrating the resurrection of my Lord I hope the weather will be good enough to go for a Model T ride.

I know my parakeet is happy because he found the Easter bunny and they became friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 07:59 am:

Same to you Dennis and yours. Lets hope this is a peaceful Easter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Happy easter everybody !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:54 am:

Felices Pascuas para todos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 10:08 am:

HE is RISEN INDEED!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 10:18 am:

Thank you Denny. To all a blessed Easter weekend,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 11:25 am:

A wonderful Easter to you all. Thanks Dennis for starting this.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Safe Travels everyone!Yes! Happy Easter All!

So, Jesus and Moses come down to earth to play golf (does this prove that golf is a heavenly game???) They Tee up at the first hole and Jesus pulls out a nine-iron. "Jesus, I think this is a wood shot" says Moses. "Tiger Woods always uses a nine-iron!" Says Jesus. "BUT. . ." It's no use, Jesus will only use a nine-iron. Of course, he plays rather badly with just a nine-iron, and this scene is repeated at the second hole, the third hole, and at the fourth hole Jesus slices into the water trap. "I'll give you a Mulligan on that one" Moses says. "Tiger Woods would NEVER take a Mulligan" responds Jesus, and proceeds to walk across the water to where his ball fell in.
A foursome following them is waiting (as Jesus and Moses are being rather slow, what with this Nine-iron business), and one asks Moses, "Who does that guy think he is, Jesus?"
"No," Moses replies, "this game would go much better if he thought that; He thinks he's Tiger Woods!"

Look around, God must have a sense of humor to have created all this mess! :-)
Safe Travels everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

My wife asked me this week what Easter candy I liked the best when I was growing up. And for the life of me, I don't ever remember any chocolate bunnies or chocolate eggs etc. But I do remember watching the eggs in the big pan sitting on the gas stove in Mom's kitchen. As a little kid, I would watch that pot and all it would do was stare back at me. I'd look away for a moment (well maybe I left to do something else) and then look back to find the bubbles had already appeared. Later the smell of the vinegar filled the kitchen as we dipped the hard-boiled eggs in the different cups of color. Times were simpler back then – our family had just as many Model Ts as there were TV channels – the big 3 ABC, CBS, and NBC. And as the country song line goes…everyone I ever loved was still alive.

Then after church the next day we would go over to one of the Aunt’s houses. The older kids would hide the eggs and we would be turned loose to go find them. The next week during school lunch period, many of us would pull out one of those colored eggs from our lunch box. After peeling the shell off, we would use our little Morton Salt shaker and flavor it just the way we wanted.

(Salt shaker cropped from the Morton Salt site at: http://www.mortonsalt.com/heritage/ )

I hope you all have a great time this weekend making memories. From being with family and friends to just tinkering in the garage. Perhaps working on the T under a shade tree. Or getting out the car and going for a drive.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

According to the weatherman it's supposed to be sunny today thru Sunday, but right now it's snowing!!!

I think I'll need to find some chains to re-work to size (someone at work finally showed me how)...

Happy Easter, everyone!!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Hap,

Your comment on the smell of vinegar and coloring eggs sure brings back great memories of Mom in the kitchen boiling the eggs while we got the dye ready to dip them in. We had special cups that came out of storage every Easter just to dye the eggs in.

Thanks for reminding me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 02:26 am:

We did Easter egg hunts in the house (it was often snowing outside on Easter!
Well, when we tore down the old house when I was a freshman in high school, my brother found an egg inside a door frame. We CAREFULLY put it in the garbage! We were afraid of cracking it open. My Folks couldn't figure out when/where it was lost, as they always counted the hidden eggs to make certain they were all found!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

And as we celebrate Easter each in his or her own way may we forget our petty differences: Water Pumps, Timers, Overhead or Underhead Valves, Brass vs. Black etc.

God Bless

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Happy Easter Everyone!!!
Please, everybody be safe on the roads & enjoy time with friends & family.
I have extra to be grateful for this Easter as my Mother just had successful shoulder replacement surgery & is home resting in time for Easter celebrations.
Bill Squires
Bill's Auto Works

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Happy Easter everybody!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

Best Wishes for Easter Weekend...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Happy Easter from grandpa and the girls!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Let's not forget the meaning of Easter.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

HE died so WE can live in eternity. I sincerely believe that. HAPPY EASTER!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 02:50 am:

Rich E. You THE Man!!! Love it! Linda does too!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:40 am:

Happy Easter to all. Heading to church and then my family is coming over for Easter dinner and then maybe a hour or so of tinkering on my model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:09 am:

AMEN Hal!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Hope everyone had a wonderful & blessed Easter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

It was certainly nice to be off work but, spent the entire day doing spring clean up, lawn thatching and fertilizing. Boy, my muscles are sore! Did not have a spare moment to fart around with the old car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 02:25 am:

Those are great Bill.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Thank you for the Easter greetings!
It is a very special day!
More important than Christmas.
We spent the afternoon with friends at a restaurant on seacoast.

I took Friday and Monday off from work.
I put the spindle back on the left front of the T, and removed the right one.
Then I removed the windshield and frame from the Model A, took the old broken glass to Portland Glass so they could cut a new one, and cleaned - painted the frame.
the frame is ready for the glass when they have it cut.

Willis, My lawn and I have come to an agreement.
I do not put fertilizer on it and it doesn't grow fast. That way I don't have to mow it but four times a year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Is it OK to post religious material on the forum?

I know political posts are forbidden...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

I suppose it depends on how you define religious material. I took this as a discussion of celebrating a special weekend. Not as a discussion of specific beliefs.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

Easter is specific to one religion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

Really Tim? If you don't believe then fine. Don't open and read the thread. It's not like this is a government web site where church and state are to be separated. Besides being a religious holiday Easter is also a time for family and friends to gather and enjoy the company. I truly hope you had a Happy Easter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

OK, time to lighten this up a LITTLE bit--now, I didn't write this, so I claim innocence---however, I am spreading it so, maybe I'm a LITTLE guilty.

H A P P Y B E L A T E D E A S T E R !

A man is driving along a highway and sees a rabbit
jump out across the middle of the road.

He swerves to avoid hitting it, but unfortunately the rabbit jumps right in front of the car.

The driver, a sensitive man as well as an animal
lover, pulls over and gets out to see
what has become of the rabbit.
Much to his dismay, the rabbit is the Easter Bunny, and he is DEAD .

The driver feels so awful that he begins to cry.

A beautiful blonde woman driving down the highway
sees a man crying on the side of the road
and pulls over.

She steps out of the car and asks the man
what's wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explains,
"I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny with my car
and KILLED HIM."

The blonde says,"Don't worry."

She runs to her car and pulls out a spray can.
She walks over to the limp, dead Easter Bunny,
bends down, and sprays the contents onto him.

The Easter Bunny jumps up, waves its paw at the
two of them and hops off down the road.

Ten feet away he stops, turns around and waves
again, he hops down the road another 10 feet,
turns and waves, hops another ten feet,
turns and waves, and repeats this again and again
and again and again, until he hops out of sight.

The man is astonished.
He runs over to the woman and demands,

"What is in that can?
What did you spray on the Easter Bunny ?"

The woman turns the can around
so that the man can read the label.
It says..

(Are you ready for this?)
(You know you're gonna be sorry)

(OK, here it is)

It says,

"Hair Spray
Restores life to dead hair,
and adds permanent wave."

Happy Easter!! !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Really RE Helgeson? So can I assume that you didn't even bother to think that I celebrated Passover?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

If you are truly Jewish the Easter Holiday would not bother you. You would wish your Christian friends a Happy Easter and they would do in kind to your Passover Celebration. Like always you just want to stir the pot. You've done it before and I'm sure you will do it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

Typical. Always judging others...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Tim, you can easily add greeting / wish that represents whatever beliefs you may hold dear. One would suspect that if one were Jewish, Athiest, Agnostic, Muslim, Hindu or whatever, they might not expect a post with the title of Happy Easter to be quite up their alley. I have never noticed many if any messages on this board denigrating others religious beliefs. I also don't see messages attempting to convert folks to some other religious belief. It should be no surprise that there are a fair number of Christians in our group and that they take their holiday celebrations seriously as they should. Just as those of other faiths find their holidays significant and worthy of celebration.

Until you opted to stir the pot, none of this thread was written in any effort to disrespect the beliefs of others. To me it's a lot like most things - if you don't like it, don't go there. The concept really isn't difficult.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Walt- I'm not stirring the pot. I simply asked if it was OK to make religious posts.

I got a lecture instead of getting an answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Tim Rogers If you truly wanted an answer to your question, you should have sent a P.M. to one of the folks that run the site. A question like that can only receive opinions from others on the forum.

If your intent was to try to get this thread deleted, shame on you. As stated above, if a thread title is not up your alley move on to one that is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

My intent was not to insult anyone or cause a religious war I have ask the moderator to remove the post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

No need for removal, it was appreciated by most of us. Thank You.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

ABSOLUTELY no reason to delete a good post like this. Do not let them win! It was appreciated by 99% of the folks who read it!
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

Wow!

Why are some of you guys going nuclear?

Again, I simply asked "is it Ok to post religious material on the Forum ".

I said nothing to condemn this post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

It was a great Easter. I didn't get to work on my T though. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

That is a touching story David Dewey. It's certainly 24 carrot gold.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

I had a good day on Sunday. Had a nice meal, visited with my wife's family a bit, watched the kids have their Easter egg hunt, stole a treat and took my yearly walk into the woods to check on a T frame with a nice spare tire carrier (black era, forged running board mounts-I forget if the frame is punched for a battery box mount). It's hanging in until I can get it outta there.
I didn't go to the pile to look for the transmission drums that escaped my viewing just last year.
Didn't even go look at the press with a T steering wheel as the handle to turn the threaded rod for the press that's buried in the pile.
These Norske's around here don't want to give anything up.
I ain't much into organized religion yet believe I'm quite spiritual but Jesus once said, God is all around us.
I'm not Finnish but the Finn's had a reputation a hundred years ago for being more Earthy with their religion. Some folks didn't like that.
The AA'ers will say "however you see him". That opens it up a bit ya? I like that.
I thank someone above us whenever I'm having a good day or the night is somehow outstanding and I feel good. Have done so many many times.

Oh! Had a nice nap with my wife after we arrived home. Mmmmm. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

One of the most thoroughly researched and documented events in history is the resurrection of Jesus. Journalists, lawyers and judges have all attempted to disprove the event using the same rules of evidence as used in their professions. Funny thing is, those I read about are the individuals who, as a result of examining the evidence with their skeptical and critical eye, then become believers, themselves. The proof is there for anyone who is willing to pick up a couple of books and read about it.

One of the most compelling proofs of the resurrection is how most of the Apostles died: They were executed for preaching the gospel. Now, okay, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking, it’s nothing new to hear about people willing to die for their faith. We all know all about the Christian missionaries who have been persecuted and executed for their faith for over two-thousand years. Yeah. We got that.

But you and I are very different than the apostles and it’s not just because we don’t walk around town in bathrobes and blankets. Look; we’re all familiar with Hebrews 11:1, which says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen,” but take that to a non-believing lawyer or judge and he’ll say something like, “Of course you have faith and you believe. But without having witnessed it, you do not KNOW. Faith does not stand up in court.”

By the same token, we don’t know with 100%, seen-it-with-my-own-eyes certainty that Columbus sailed in 1492, or that Magellan circumnavigated the globe in 1519. The paper trail would indicate that this is by far the greatest likelihood, but still, we weren't there. We believe it because… well, it is written. You see, there’s a certain amount of faith involved.

Okay, that’s where the guys in the bathrobes and blankets come in. The apostles KNEW. They were there; they were eyewitnesses. They didn’t just have faith and belief; they KNEW whether there was any truth to the miracles of Jesus. They KNEW whether Jesus fed a multitude of five-thousand with a kid's happy-meal. They KNEW whether Jesus healed the leper, the centurion’s servant, the paralytic, the man with the withered hand. They KNEW whether Jesus raised the dead, calmed the sea, gave sight to the blind. And let's get real personal: They KNEW whether Jesus healed Peter’s mother-in-law and they KNEW whether Jesus and Peter took a stroll across the Sea of Galilee on tipee-toes. They were there. They were eyewitnesses. They KNEW.

And the apostles KNEW whether Jesus could show a contingent of Roman soldiers who was boss. Before He allowed himself to be led off for crucifixion, Jesus knocked every one of those soldiers flat on their backsides just by telling them exactly who it was they were dealing with—here, check what the Bible says about it:

3 So Judas, procuring a band of soldiers and some officers from the chief priests and the Pharisees, went there with lanterns and torches and weapons. 4 Then Jesus, knowing all that was to befall Him, came forward and said to them, "Whom do you seek?" 5 They answered Him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I Am." Judas, who betrayed Him, was standing with them. 6 When He said to them, "I Am," they drew back and fell to the ground (John 18:3-6).

Fell to the ground! But okay, that’s sort of beside the point I’m trying to make here. Let’s get back to it…

The apostles KNEW whether all these things had actually happened. In fact, as you can see, John made a point of telling us that even the traitor, Judas, KNEW. (and Judas got so upset about the whole thing, he went out and killed himself).

And the apostles KNEW whether Jesus rose from the dead on Easter morning.

Most of the apostles died for what they knew and for what they insisted on preaching. Hey, people don’t put their lives on the line for fairy-tales and fiction.

For preaching the gospel, Peter was crucified. James, son of Zebedee, was beheaded by Herod Agrippa I. Andrew was crucified. Bartholomew was whipped to death. James, the brother of Jesus; Thomas and Matthew, also executed; and so on (not to mention the massacre of other non-apostolic, 1st Century Christian eyewitnesses by the Roman Empire). These people didn’t just have faith and belief. They were there. They KNEW. And they died for what they knew. Hey, large groups of people don’t choose to face death for what they KNOW to be a lie. To this day, a deathbed declaration is as good as sworn testimony in a court of law. The hearsay rules of evidence do not apply to the statement of a person who knows he is about to die. That's big. And that stands up in court.

Y’know, the Roman Empire could have saved themselves four and three-quarter centuries of uprising had they just done the obvious thing and produced the dead body of Jesus. But of course, they couldn’t do that. The best they could come up with was an empty tomb and a lame story about some Roman guards who fell asleep on duty and who could then gave detailed testimony about a grave-robbery that took place while they were unconscious.
Gimme a break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 12:56 am:

Someone please explain to me, what in the hell all this BS has to do with the preservation, restoration or maintenance of the Model T?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 06:19 am:

Willis... Guess it refers to the heading of the Post.... EASTER .

Reason for the season.

Bob J.

Happy Easter, Joyous Passover, Happy Quanzza, Festivus for the Restofus, .... enjoy your holidays in your life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 08:07 am:

Easter is moveable feast celebrated on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal equinox, just like the pagans originally intended. Christians usurped a previous religions holy day and overlaid their mythology over the earlier festival to celebrate the fertility goddess Eostre, hence the corrupted name of the modern holiday.
Nothing wrong with Christians celebrating the coming of spring rebirth and fertility with rabbits and eggs!
If human history is any guide, in a few thousand years, another belief system will become popular and it too will no doubt co-opt the same festival and reimagine it to their peculiar mindset and then claim it as their own.

Perhaps Aldous Huxley was spot-on in Brave New World and our great, great grand chillen will be Fordists (Model T-ians?)??

Happy Holidays, past present and future!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Resurrecting Model T's is what many of us do. I can see a parallel to a story of pain and suffering without imposing my personal beliefs.
Thanks for all the interesting points of view.
May all of you have a pleasant Earth Day and Take your Daughter to Work Day.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Dale- thanks for your post. Many (if not most) Christians have no idea that their faith is not unique but rather a combination of Pagan and Jewish beliefs/traditions. In fact the "virgin birth" and "resurrection" stories are taken directly from many other religions that predate Christianity by thousands of years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Tim & Dale,

Don't pretend to tell me, or any other Christians, what we know about our faith.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Jerry- I'm not pretending. Even though they're not allowed on the Forum I'm just stating some facts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Good for you Tim. Stay the course. Enjoy your facts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Thank you Jerry. Don't forget that Yom Hashoah is coming up on Monday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:49 am:

What a sad turn on a friendly, peaceful wish (OP).
Pax vobiscum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Don't you dare saying merry christmas to me .....lol. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Jerry,
I don't begrudge you your beliefs, its just the "holier than thou" (literally!) attitude some take about the calendar and the origin of the various festivals and holy days that I find interesting.
Every religion throughout history tries to monopolize the narrative- Christianity is no better or worse than any other in that regard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Rolf,
My friends in the Netherlands send me a box of melkchocolade Zwarte Piets every Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Rich Bingham, You are so very right Sir!
This shows that this forum is no different than any other in the fact that one or more people when scrolling do not have the maturity to bypass a thread that they don't like or believe in. Instead they have to make an attempt to get it removed & when that doesn't work, continue on to belittle other peoples beliefs with "so called" facts that cannot be proven or unproven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Bill,
I do not appreciate your attempt to bring Marvel Mystery Oil into this conversation!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

Bill's Auto Works- so can we all assume that you will not be participating in this year's Yom Hashoah on Monday? Or perhaps you will be too busy judging other people on that day...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 12:30 am:

Would you guys cut it out and let it be???
Must be cabin fever!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:58 am:

...And on the 6th day the post rose to the top again to the amazement of all who were interested and even some who weren't.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:32 am:

The only way to keep this posting from miraculously resurrecting is to STOP COMMENTING ON IT!!

That way it wont keep...oh, wait.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Tim,

Was not aware of Yom Hashoah till you mentioned it. It looks like a very solemn day. I'm not sure why you think I would oppose it in any way, or why you keep bringing it up. Do you often use Holocaust remembrance occasions in your arguments?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Thanks Dale. I will try very hard to refrain from posting. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Rich, please don't refrain from posting. Yours are invariably among the respectful, informative, and fun responses. These are what are valuable to the forum. Those looking for unhappiness and strife can easily find flame wars all over the "winternet".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

David Dewey...You reminded me of a joke I've been trying hard to forget.

What do you call 50 rabbits holding hands and walking backwards?

A receeding Hare line!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Nevin,
Oh Boy, more Ammo!! Hey, I resemble that remark!
Told the Barber, "Just a little off the top!"
Now there's nothing on the top!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

Jerry- not often, only around the time of Yom Hashoah. It has great significance to my family and I.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration