Asked to repost this...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Asked to repost this...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

I'm on the speedster forum (yes, the --quiet-- one), and someone asked if the forum was still active... I answered, and told of my "speedster' (or lack thereof) involvement, and why...

Someone said I should repost I here. Don't know whether it's worth it (I brought this up a decade ago to no avail), but here 's the repost. I've kind of given up hope on this, but you never know...

Thanks,
Susanne

To: SpeedsterForum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [SpeedsterForum] Re: Is this forum still active?

Susanne, you need to post this on the MTFCA Forum and the AACA Forum.

Howard

Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 3:18 PM
To: SpeedsterForum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [SpeedsterForum] Re: Is this forum still active?

Once in a rare while well see something posted here, but it's been pretty quiet recently - nothing like a few years ago. Would love to see it come back to life!

I'm still looking for a good T chassis to build one up... had one, a really solid '20 chassis that had been restored, rebuilt, and ready to go... but it ends with a sad story. My dad was part of a museum. We had stored the car there (along with a lot of the parts), and all was cool, they used it as part of a display, etc. Then, lo and behold my dad gets sick, and eventually succumbs to his disease.

When I went to the museum to reclaim my car (title in hand) and the parts we'd stored there a few weeks later, not only were the parts (and car) NOT there, they claimed to know NOTHING about any of it. I tried to press the issue, to which they politely told me that I was not welcome there, and called the local PD to have me removed. (If anyone finds a 20 T chassis with the engine # 4436302 please let me know... I'd like a chance to get my car back!)

I DO have some of the parts... and have been picking up others. Hoping someday I'll end up with another chassis (since I suspect mine has been broken and scattered by now) and get a fast ford on the road. For that reason... I've hung tough on the list!

So... if you know someone who has a good chassis (or even my old chassis, tho by now I'm sure it's long gone and broken up for the e-bay trade) that they'd be willing to give up (NOT for free, of course)... please advise!

Happy Easter!
Susanne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

Susanne - did you formerly have a forum name of "Bay City Sue" on here about 10+ years ago?

(Message edited by Conversiont on April 14, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the museum.

If you go to the Classifieds thread and hit CTRL-F, a search box will appear in the upper right hand corner. Type chassis in the box and hit return, it will take you to each classified ad with chassis in the title.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Bay Bridge Sue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Hi Ron!

Bay Bridge Sue... Bay City was the Rollers! --lol-- (If THAT doesn't date me, then no one, er nothing will! --giggles--)

It has been that long - well kind of. Left the bay area (and the bridge, thank goodness!), got a new, cooler job, and live in the southern Cascades (where it's currently snowing!). Bought a semi-restored 1870's smithy, and (honestly) living the good life!

So "cooler" is pretty accurate today!

Yeah, I posted about this all those years ago, hoping for leads, but it went nowhere back then. Made me think it was either broken up (and especially now - the motor was cherry, the ruckstell NOS, and everything else was perfect or done right)... or someone grabbed it and kept it quiet, dropped a body on it, and changed the numbers. If I ever found it again... and can get it back... it would be a small miracle.

Darn!

So yeah, Figured I'd put it out one more time... but I suspect that I'll probably have to start all over again (tho I know I won't get for another $1000 in paper route money...) If you hear of anything... please let me know.

Anyway, y'all have a happy Easter!

:-) Susanne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Hi Mike, and Thanks, Mark, I'll do that. Maybe even chance on a (--gasp--) "Improved" car... tho with those wide pedals, I'd have to learn how to drive all over again! --lol--

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

Susanne,

Bay BRIDGE Sue.....of course!!! I wondered why I was humming "Saturday Night" as I typed that above (now we've both dated ourselves).

I'm sorry to hear about your stolen chassis and even sorrier to hear about your Dad.

I'm glad to see you back on the Forum (even if the circumstances aren't the best) and hope you'll stick around. I always enjoyed your postings when you were regularly on here - you know your Model Ts and were always willing to help others.

-Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Sue,do you still have the 1915?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Awww... gee... --blush--

Thank you! I always figured if those of us who have some knowledge about these beasts, er, machines, the knowledge will be lost. THAT would be tragic.

Actually, circumstances are better than expected... I have a great job now, both a little more $$, a VERY nice (and historical) home, AND way more fun, I live in a place that is surrounded by huge trees, in the mountains, and away from the urban areas... The sadness surrounding the chassis, and my dad... well, they are sad, but I can't let it weigh me down!

Life is too short!!

I am worried, tho... since I posted this... Martin's Speedster (which I thought was a 21 or 22, tho Theodore seems to think it was a 20 - kismet?) is up for sale... and it has the same basic setup (give or take) as my chassis did...

THEN... Dennis posted his 22 chassis for sale (or, actually, bumped it)... Both would cut into my budget a bit, but... um... Yeah. I remember #1 from the old days when we were kids... I wonder if my dad is poking his oldest daughter in the shoulder from "up there" saying "Hey kid, you opened your mouth, here you go..." It *would* be like him!!

Anyway, great to hear from you! Have a WONDERFUL Easter!!

:-) Susanne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Sue, welcome back! We've missed you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 02:33 am:

Yes, welcome back!! Glad life is treating you better now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 05:59 am:

A long lost "voice from the past".

Your wonderful reputation precedes your return!

Yes, as Ron sad - welcome back. So very sad to have your experiences be the reason for the return, but am happy for the result - and look forward to more of your most interesting posts and stories.

You were well thought of "back then", and am so happy you are not yet in the same neighborhood as the famed RDR, R.I.P.

Good Luck with your search, and my condolences on the passing of your Dad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 06:12 am:

Yes, Welcome back! Lots of us enjoyed your postings and recommendations. And we look forward to reading those you share in the future.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 09:01 am:

Hi, Sue, and welcome back. I always enjoyed and learned from your posts and was very impressed with your knowledge and grasp of all things Model T.

Do you still have Angel? My '15 Touring went on down the road a few years back, but I'm still partial to 15's.

So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Anyway, we're glad you're back and hope you'll stick around for a while. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Over the years I have seen quite a few similar stories of museums either selling or claiming to actually own an "on loan" piece.

The one I'm most familure with is the Los Angeles county museum and the late Griff borgeson. When I worked at Harrah's Automobile Collection, we purchased the Miller front wheel drive Indy car "The Packard Cable Special"

It was on loan and on display at the museum. When we notified the museum we were going to take ownership they stated that Giff had donated the car and were not going to relinquish it.

Harrah's and Borgeson actually went to court and got a court order to obtain the car from the museum. We restored the car to its former glory and the rest as they say is history.

Seems museums often sell or trade donated items depending on the whim of the board or curator. I would NEVER loan or donate anything to any museum due to the horror stories such as the one that started this thread.

While it would cost time and money I would gather all documents, photos, and statements from anyone connected with that museum and hire a lawyer to write a very direct and challenging letter to the board, the director and to the local new media. Put them on the defensive. They would have to answer the challenge and offer a response. I would suggest there was a back door transaction between an insider and a friend or buddy. If you have the serial number perhaps you could find if that number is registered in your state. If you have true documents or a title and can prove ownership, you could pursue a car theft claim.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 10:37 am:

It's so good to "hear" your voice again, Sue. Your posts and comments were often the highlight of my day. I'm surprised someone could title your dad's T with you holding the title. Could you ask the California DMV if they can find your T? Sorry to hear about your dad. the fond memories of our parents seem to grow fonder for us orphans as we grow older. I wish you the best in your search and your new life.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration