Rigs that Run Easter Auto Show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rigs that Run Easter Auto Show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

The St. Louis Easter car show will be held this Sunday at Forest Park.
It usually conflicts with what we are doing this day, but I just might make it this year.

http://hccmo.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

Sure hope the predicted thunderstorms hold off. If I go, it will be as a spectator. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

I was in the show for years (first with the Austin, then with the T), but when my grandchildren reached "Easter egg hunt" age, my priorities shifted. When they arrive at the point that they look at me in disdain and say, "Hunt Easter eggs??? Really??" I may start being in the Easter show again.

(Being in the show makes parking a lot easier than attending as a spectator.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 01:33 am:

I tried to go down there as a spectator two years ago. That place was beyond packed. People were just driving around the place because there was nowhere to park. If I remember correctly there where two shows at the same time there. I ended up driving around it for 45 minutes then just giving up. The way it was situated I couldn't even park and walk a couple of miles. A highway borders it. I was really disappointed because it was 185 miles one way for me. I was really curious if it's always like that or did I just get lucky?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Any time there is good weather on Easter Sunday there are probably over a thousand cars being shown at the Muny Opera here in St Louis. The lower parking lot has the hot rods while the upper lot has the antiques. Yes this show brings such a large crowd that parking is at a premium. We have 14 people signed up to bring 15 T's. We are signed up to do our quick assembly show at 11 am and 1 pm. This is a fun spectacle, just pray for good weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

I did have to look this up (sometimes Mr Google does his job), to confirm what I thought I knew.
In the early days right around 1900, the St Louis Motor Carriage Company used the slogan "Rigs That Run".
Just thought I would toss that out there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration