OT - Dr. Henry Ford and the planetary transmission...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Dr. Henry Ford and the planetary transmission...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

I've read many early articles in which HF and Ford Motor Company defend and promote the planetary over sliding gear transmission. I thought this 1906 article interesting and amusing:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Rob, I enjoy you finding this interesting stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

Whew. Tall announcement (5 passengers). The 6 did it without a hitch didn't it?
Fun writing style and article! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Thank you Rob,i can remember the older people talking that way! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

I love it!
Thank you for sharing this.

Heal well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 12:32 am:

"No Clutch To Slip, No Gears To Strip"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration