Question on Clutch not Turning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Question on Clutch not Turning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Hey Guys,
I have a 1927 and my high speed clutch was not engaging (with Ruckstell) while driving in any high gear. Low gears were fine. I started to turn one clutch finger in, got it done, and went to turn the back wheels to bring the next clutch finger up to adjust...and can't get the clutch to turn by the wheels. The previous owner removed the crank.

When the back wheels are jacked up, and hand lever is all the way forward- shouldn't I be able to make the trans turn by rotating a back wheel?

Thanks,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Try jacking just one wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

If both wheels are jacked up, then only the opposite wheel will turn. With one wheel up you would be trying to turn over the engine. The normal method wood be to use the hand crank with one wheel jacked up and the hand lever all the way forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

That's it! Thanks, dropped one wheel back down and the trans turned beautifully.

Thanks again!
Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration