1927 Split Rims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1927 Split Rims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

Rim spreader

Does anyone know where I could find this too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Split Rim

This is the type of rim it is for, I'm not sure if this type is just on Canadian cars only, so any information would be helpful, as I'm fairly new to the Model T world, thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Hi Brent,

As they say: Welcome to the affliction.

As I understand it, that style of rim and the tool were Canadian production only. They are not often seen here south of the border. Good luck with your search, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

Thanks Bill, I may see if I can alter these rims to change this connection as it seems quite flimsy, I think the screw in connection seems far superior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

What is that thing which looks like a mouse trap? I have never seen one used on a Model T.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

Lol, it does look like a mousetrap, I used the model t spreader, thou it doesn't seem to work great with these rims, it seems to twist them a bit so the pins to lock them don't line up great, that may be me though, as this is all new to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

Hi Norm,

That "thing" is the rim tool for collapsing and expanding the Canadian split rims. It serves the same purpose, but used in a different way, as the Rim Jacks that we in the USA are familiar with.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration