What make???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What make???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Brought this home today. Not sure what wheels are. Has "JAXON" on wheel locks.

The last photo is the only name on wagon gear. Is this a wood wagon converted to steel axles? The gear was yellow and wood spokes were red.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

I have Jaxon wheels on my 1919 T. I suspect the car did not origionally have demountables rims. The company was bought out purchased by General Motors at some point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Was wondering if these will fit TT rear. 600-20

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Looks like a Chevrolet front axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:35 am:

The axles are much heavier than the T. They welded steel all over axles and spindles making them useless. The wheels are in good shape and has good spokes. The rims are what I want to use on TT if that is possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

I think the axle and wheels are probably all Chevrolet, but they could be from some other GM product (maybe Oldsmobile? Nothing larger). While the Jaxon wheels are better known for the steel discs, and came in several sizes and variations, They did also make wood spoke wheels during the '20s. Both Chevrolet and Oldsmobile did use them in both 20 inch and 21 inch for a couple years. Some of the Chevrolet hubs would also fit a model T hubcap, just in case that is what I see there.
Personally, I think those are really wonderful dollies, and should be partially restored and preserved for what they are. But that is my opinion.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration