Women-Splaining How to Drive a T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Women-Splaining How to Drive a T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

She seems very pleasant and knowledgeable. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdn15lL0OI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:38 am:

The "summer version" of the other one posted from winter a couple years ago.

"Keep your eyes on the road sweetie"!! :-)

Cute chick, think I need to get a job there in the summer... wink wink.

Thanks for posting John!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Great video and she seems more than comfortable driving a T. Really cool...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:30 am:

A foam screen over the microphone might cut down some of that wind noise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

She can drive my T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

When my wife & I went for a ride....never seen any pretty young girls like her driving any of the cars. Probably good that only old dudes live me were driving at the time.
I did manage to get an invite to see the shop and meet the supervisor where the cars are serviced. It was a bit of Model T heaven and was very interesting. Asked a lot of questions....one interesting thing I found out was the re-engineered transmission gear grind in the new 14's did not hold up and were replaced with standard gears. Also, the riveted gear case steering column's were replaced with later ones because the rivets loosened up. The model T's are driven a lot....much more that most of us do. Great place to find what holds up the best for them.
Smile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Les,

What does "re-engineered transmission gear grind" refer to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

The "T-100" cars were made with transmission gears cut to modern gear profiles. They were reportedly much quieter when new, but it sounds like they didn't hold up well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

That for those who don't recognize it is Greenfield Village. Where we all are not going this September. We also never see it this empty! Those drivers just drive and explain all day long!
Erica

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 12:10 am:

David D.
You are correct....they did not hold up and were all changed back to stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 01:28 am:

Wonder why the riveted gear cases didn't hold up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 02:46 am:

I'm glad they found that out early, as "back then" there was talk about making the "quiet transmission" gears available for everyone to "upgrade" to!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 08:26 am:

I'd love to see the maintenance shop.

I wonder how many modern upgrades they're using in the cars, like modern seals (to replace felt) and modern bearings, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 09:14 am:

I loved everything about this clip the lady was competent and very courteous.

And the cellular telephone cameraman did a very good job.

Thank you John for posting it was wonderful .

N

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration