Yes...But It's Ford Script

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Yes...But It's Ford Script
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 12:16 am:

The horn that I bought for my T had a butchered bracket attached so I needed to make a bracket to supplement what was there.

In my "never throw anything useful away" bracket drawer I found a shift lever for a 1993 AOD Transmission. Hmmm, I think to myself....cut the shaft off and unscrew the ball joint and you've got what you need.

"But Don", I can hear some folks say, "that's sacrilege to put a 1993 part on a Model T".

But wait....it has a Ford script on it. So, I get a pass.

Right? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Good Job!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Pass :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:06 am:

DON,I THINK HENRY WOULD APPROVE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Can't go wrong with Ford script.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:08 am:

My thoughts are with the confused guy that one day comes along behind you and restores the car.
N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:29 am:

The Scotsman in me applauds your frugality. Waste not, want not. A penny saved is a penny earned. blah, blah, blah...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Ha! N Maver....I hadn't thought of that.

I can see a posting here on the forum in the year 2057 with somebody insisting that it's a factory horn bracket. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

Just for the record I make the correct horn bracket for both the 22-25 and the 26-27. I don't make the thin sheet metal thing for 26-27 but the "real deal" with heavy cold thick metal and correct forming.

What is funny is that there is in fact a "mystery" horn bracket used for only a couple of weeks or so. The original 6437A bracket was the "butterfly" shaped one used on the magneto horn fastened to the firewall from 1915-1922, Then there was the mystery 6437B bracket used on the very first of the 1922 battery horns. Next was the 6437C bracket that was used from 1922-1925 and mounted the horn from one head bolt and one water inlet bolt and finally the 6437D bracket used to mount the horn to both water inlet bolts on the 26-27. I have seen 3 of the 6437B brackets and one was on a table at Chickasha and it was wrongly marked 1919. The other 2 were on horns. Bud Scudder (R.I.P.) had one mounted to a horn. Don't know where it went.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration