Grey Ribbed Tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Grey Ribbed Tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 08:52 am:

Does anyone have any experience with the Grey Ribbed Tires offered by Snyder's? Grey appears to have been used starting about 1924 on many original photos of cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:19 am:

I didn't think there WERE any grey tires anymore...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Well Dan, ya made me look at Snyder's website! Hmm..grey tires! BUT, looks like only one size, 30x3...now I could be wrong, as you say they were on '24s on, but I thought the grey tires were typically associated with the early cars, that of course had 30x3.5's on the rear..so what good would it do to only have the 30x3's? That said, 1924+ would've normally had 30x3.5 all the way around wouldn't they? At least my '20 does. With all this trouble with whities turning brown, I would love to try grey tires instead on my '12, but need two different sizes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:22 am:

It would seem no one's making grey tires any more ? Are those 30x3" tires just what Snyder's have left over ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

In looking at the add at Snyder's again, it does say 30 x 3 but even a non-demountable wheels have 30 x 3 1/2 on the rear so it does not make sense that 30 x 3 1/2 would not be available. Will have to ask Snyder's I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

Uhhh..that's what I said above!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 12:05 am:

I have Universal gray ribbed 25" tires on my 1907 Reo Gentelmans roadster. I have had them for over 10 years now. I have driven over 2000 miles in that time and they are just as nice as the day I installed them. No cracking, no unusual wear patterns. I am totally pleased with these tires.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Snyder's says they only have two 30 x 3 left and the manufactured is not going to supply any more at this time, of any size. The thought of grey tires will not come to fruition at least not for now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration