Loud noise problem solved

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Loud noise problem solved
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

A couple weeks ago you gave your thoughts on what could be causing a hard loud noise when I accelerating. To make a long story short, I discovered though research that it was the muffler coming apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

That'll do it. Once while I was washing the T , the motor got a little damp and back fired when starting. Sounded like a .357 from a 2 inch snubby . All the Latinos ducked behind their cars. Then all I saw were these heads poking up to see if they were clear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 08:14 am:

George you're lucky you weren't swarmed by police, SWAT and the FBI with their AR-15's gunning you down!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 10:09 am:

HA HA HA that's a great mental picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Something like this, George?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7FDTpzGvo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 11:35 am:

True Tim, LAPD takes loud,gunshot sounds seriously. Here's a my pic of the unraveled muffler. I couldn't re-assemble it and had to buy a new one, then had the seems welded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Dick, that's how it is here in Missourah now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

My muffler looks just like that top picture. It came apart last fall and was put on the "I'll fix it next year" list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

I tack weld in a few places at each end to keep that from happening.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration