Hand crank started Shirley today!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hand crank started Shirley today!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Successfully hand-crank started Shirley today twice. Left hand, no thumb, wow it works! Feeling like a real model T-er now. :-)

Phone call from the neighbors at my Mother's house: 'Did we just see part of your family drive by in a very old car?'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

Thats a good feeling. I went to my buddys store at Emma(Emma Warehouse) yesterday. The question always asked is do you have to crank start it. The old Amish guy that works there asked that question as I got in to leave. I said I can but dont have to. He grabbed the crank and started cranking. He was doing it the correct way so after about 3 pulls I turned the switch on and it roared to life. He was all smiles and told everyone that was the 1st time he ever crank started a car! Made his day and mine. Ignacio, you will get quite the reputation if you keep putting miles on the old girl. Before long everyone will know who you are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

That's great. I can't wait until I can start having the experiences you're having now Ignacio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

Four months Don, was worth it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

I went in to pay for gas Saturday morning and when I came out the people who were looking at mine before I went in were waiting to watch me crank it. Surprisingly only took 1 pull. Usually 20 when people are watching, only one or two at home. I know you're glad to be on the road, Ignacio. I've had mine 20 years and Saturday was my first trip to town. Don't know why I never got plates before. I even went to the bank drive through. Different than negotiating back roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 12:28 am:

People came by to look at it even in front of my Mother's house. Alien technology. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration