Metal plate under steering shaft 26/7 R/P bulkhead

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Metal plate under steering shaft 26/7 R/P bulkhead
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 03:41 am:

Hi folks Iam assembling the 26/7 roadster pickup,Could someone please tell me or show me which way the bracket around the steering shaft bolts on to the bulkhead, is it mounted on the inside or the out side of the bulkead,?would some one have a picture of it ,Many thanks Gerry (NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 10:55 am:

The flange of the steering column should be on the interior side of the firewall, or bulkhead as you call it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Hi thankyou for that.But it was not the flange of the sterring column .it is the seperate plate that bolts around the sterring column.many thanks Gerry (NZ).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Could you post a picture of the part you reference?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

If you are talking about this plate https://www.modeltford.com/item/3515A.aspx If memory serves me correctly it goes on the engine side of the firewall. Two bolts mount the plate to the firewall, and two go to support the flange. Once you get the two upper bolts into the flange to support the steering column, that second plate will only fit one way for everything to line up.

There is the plate that mounts to the dash. It mounts from the side toward the occupants. As you may note, the face screw holds are large and have a counter sink profile. Two screws go in through the face secured by nuts, and two screws go up trough the bracket and through the dash from the bottom. Vendors in the U.S. sell interior screws sets with the required screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Here is a picture of one on my 1926, I hope this is what you are after.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

My '26 Canadian Touring is exactly the same as David Menzies' photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 12:36 am:

Hi folks, Thank you very much that is exactly what i was needing .The problem has been that the vehicle that iam restoring came in boxes so i have never seen it altogether ,but with the help of all you people with the knowledge and expertise
iam truly appreciative of you all.thankyou. Gerry (NZ).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration