The Easter bunny gave me....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The Easter bunny gave me....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 04:16 am:

this mew US made tube and this Olympic tyre. The tyre is 40 years old and has far less checking than the 2 year old T Drivers on the back of my mate's car. How old might the tube be?

Best thing is there is another Olympic tyre to come.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 09:41 am:

Your tubes could be over 35 years old. The ones in my Model A are similarly stamped and I recently removed them to install metal stems and then reinstalled them.

My tubes and tires came from JC Whitney in the early eighties

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 01:06 am:

Thanks Tom. If only we could buy tyres and tubes of the same quality today!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 03:19 am:

I have two Olympic tyres with great tread on them, but they perished badly in the sidewalls. I have had better luck with Universal T Drivers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 03:29 am:

Nevin, the T drivers on my 1917 shooting break have not cracked at all, and they are at least 10 years old. It's the new stuff that's crap. A tyre which cracks up in two years really is not of 'merchantable quality' in our consumer regulations.

I am sure it does not need to be this way.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration