1912 Front Door Units

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1912 Front Door Units
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

How scarce are1912 front door units and how much one might expect to pay for a pair?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

There was a few at Bakersfield this year. I see them from 400-800 usually in nice shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

Ted,

If someone needs them, they also should check to see how well the doors would work with their car's body. There were different body styles (the earlier one was similar to 1911 and then the smooth side body) and additionally there were also several different body makers. You may or may not be able to take the front door section from one body company and have it be a direct bolt on fit on the body made by another company. Given a choice, you would prefer less fitting to having to do more fitting.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

(Message edited by hap_tucker on April 17, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Ted-
They show up for time to time. Like Hap says, the hard part is finding a set of fore-doors that match the body manufacturer.

I think the last set of fore-doors I bought were in the $300-$400 range.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Thank you all for your help. sounds like you need the car there when you find the doors.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration