In time for summer, I have shade again.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: In time for summer, I have shade again.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

You may remember this. Last May I slid off a muddy road and into a pile of branches. If you look closely you can see that the only significant damage was to the top.

One of the top sockets ended up in two pieces.

When ace body man Jerry Loomis got a look at it, he volunteered to fix it. The result was a thing of beauty.

Today we installed the repaired piece.

Hey, get over here and help!

Top expert Jack Daron informed me that the rivet which holds the two main top sockets together can't be bought, so I made it.

A bonus is that now I can get things out of my trunk a lot easier without the top folded over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Always a good feeling to get things working right and/or repair problems/mistakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Congratulations, Steve!

Is the top socket attached to the iron with just a plain bolt and nut, or do the early cars use a top prop nut like the later cars?

https://www.modeltford.com/item/33708BQ.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

Mark, The early cars use a top prop nut, and it should be black, not brass or chrome.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

If I could learn to weld that well, I might consider a bargain with the red-tailed guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

Regular paint or powder coat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Paint. We boogered it up a little putting it on, so I will have to do some touch-ups.

Yes, it should have prop nuts. I just haven't got them yet.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration