Rear seat wood 1915 touring car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rear seat wood 1915 touring car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

I finished adding new wood for the tub on my 1915 touring car. After removing the old upholstery I found a lot of wood missing and what was there in bad shape. As you can tell, the car is build out of a variety of parts from different years and probably different body builder. I looked on line for images and based the missing wood on these. I bought oak from Lowe's hardware and laminated pieces were needed. The upper corner pieces were the hardest with compound curves. The grain on the 4 pieces of wood run perpendicular to each other to add strength.

The tack strips are the plastic ones available from the on-line suppliers. They bend with a little heat and will accept pneumatic stables. Cutting is possible with a reciprocal electric saw which does more melting than sawing.

I took liberties with the materials and shapes. It is not as built by Henry but I don't care. The car will never be original.

Next comes the new upholstery.

Neil

Wood 1

Wood 3

Wood 2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration