I finished adding new wood for the tub on my 1915 touring car. After removing the old upholstery I found a lot of wood missing and what was there in bad shape. As you can tell, the car is build out of a variety of parts from different years and probably different body builder. I looked on line for images and based the missing wood on these. I bought oak from Lowe's hardware and laminated pieces were needed. The upper corner pieces were the hardest with compound curves. The grain on the 4 pieces of wood run perpendicular to each other to add strength.
The tack strips are the plastic ones available from the on-line suppliers. They bend with a little heat and will accept pneumatic stables. Cutting is possible with a reciprocal electric saw which does more melting than sawing.
I took liberties with the materials and shapes. It is not as built by Henry but I don't care. The car will never be original.
Next comes the new upholstery.