Installing cowl lacing onto 26/7 r/pickup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Installing cowl lacing onto 26/7 r/pickup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 05:27 am:

Hi folks,run into a bit off a problem ,Iam trying to install the cowl lacing on the cowl,which is the best way to do it,it comes with brass riverts..Under the cowl there is not much room with the petrol tank in there, how would you do it. Many thanks Gerry (NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 07:11 am:

Originally it was done before the gas tank was installed, rivets goes from the inside out. The lowest three on each side will still be a challenge, see this thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/135659.html?1271193538

If you want to do it without removing the tank, then maybe you'll have to go modern with pop rivets?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

You need to remove the gas tank to it properly, this would also allow you to clean/boil (derust and coat) out the tank. I used pop rivets. the correct size rivet for pop are on the large side. To dress them up a little I took a hacksaw to them and dressed with a file, not too bad and I can repaint brass color later if I'm so inclined.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Hi many thanks for the reply, I think ill use the pop rivets and dress them up just like George has done. The Gas tank has only just gone back in after been cleaned and painted.Thankyou once again Gerry (NZ)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration