New E timer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New E timer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Just finished installing a new E Timer from Mike Kossar. Install instruction are very good easy to follow, running system off a 12 v wet cell charging battery from the mag thru a diode and light bulb.
Took our 1914 Runabout for a test drive and I'm more than pleased with the performance. Overall runs more smooth, haven't notice much change in high speed performance, but definitely runs more smooth at low rpm and seems to hold speed better on hills.
Great product, well don Mike
Thanks Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Here's a warning to ya... There is a memory inside that wicked timer that can tell concerned minds everything about how you've been driving and hot rodding your T. I think it can even tell where you've been and who you were with just in case your thinking of a little extra touring fun.

I'm glad you like it and try this next time your driving in the parking lot with other T guys watching.

Slow the idle speed and at the same time Retard the lever with it set in Auto and you'll most likely get down to that Putt...Putt...Putt without killing the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Gene
You are so right. It is amazing how low an RPM it will idle. You can easily count the strokes it will idle sooo low!
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:56 pm:

Gene
You are so right!
I can't believe how low it will idle with the spark retarded all the way up. you can easily count the strokes it is so slow!!
Wilf

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration