12 rivet rear end

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 12 rivet rear end
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Barlow on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

Can you tell me what year rear end housings these are? Possibly 13s?
Are the housings to big to be 1912s?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Looks to be a late 11-12 driverside side rear housing

(Message edited by Jtt3 on April 19, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

If l were still young hunting parts and found that in some farmers junkpile,that would be a great payday/trade day.
I could probably have parlayed that into a common era rolling,possibly running chassis.'Them was the days'...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 01:26 am:

very late 11 / 12 clamshell. My August '11 car calls for the 1912 rear end, which is this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 02:21 am:

Mark, they are 11-12, 13 has a cast center section and a different shape. Looks like a two piece drives shaft tube beside it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Mark, Did you buy these at Bakersfield? Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Barlow on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

No they belong to Harold McGee. I'm trying to help him put his car together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Looking for a pair of those for my 12 touring. It has a 1913 twelve rivet rear in it now and I would like to make it correct some day. It is an April 1912 car so it should have the earlier rear axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

mark frymiller has two sets on e-bay now. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Mark, Good on you, Harold has been thinking of restoring his car for the last 50 years that I have known him. There was a set at Bakersfield that looked just like Harold's. I was going to buy them at $800.00 but missed out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Lewis on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:09 am:

The pair of 12 rivet housings I sold at Bakersfield for $900 are the ones on TBay for $1700. Thats how it works...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration