Ford A

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford A
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pavel Hačko on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 07:44 am:

I have a Ford A with a different engine than normal. Do not you know what a tip is?
Dream photo.
Thank you

Ford A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Welcome to the forum Pavel,

The bottom of your engine appears to be a standard Model A.

Someone has installed a different cylinder head.

Can you post a photo of the other side of the engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Marble on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:15 am:

That horn is not Ford correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:21 am:

Cragar head, nice!!!

I have one on the shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Derek - do you have plans for that head?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:20 am:

I have a B engine to put it on, but I haven't decided on a car to put it in yet. Either a 1-man sprint car or T roadster on an A chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pavel Hačko on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Yes i'm sendingFord A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pavel Hačko on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Ford A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pavel Hačko on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:53 am:

According to the engine number I found it to be the engine of 1929
* 836362 *Ford A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

Pavel,

That is a VERY nice cylinder head!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pavel Hačko on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

Thank you. I find out what the engine is and what the price is for me.
I can send more photos via email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

Well, it's a '29 Tudor, so that makes sense. Interesting accessory wheels too. Must have a gas tank under the frame, likely at the rear? (I ask this as there's no fuel line coming off the normal gas tank sediment bowl.
On the firewall, just above the bolted flange, you should find a date stamped in it, like 3-18-29, which gives you the date of the gas tank assembly, usually corresponding closely to the date of the body build.
Interesting semaphore turn signals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

January of '29 A engine. :-)
Pavel, is that a "Ford US" stamp below the engine number?
Perhaps the fuel line is missing as the carb is off. Oops! The second to the last photo shows the fuel line in place!
Nice exhaust heater missing the cover.
What does the valve cover say?
Neat car Pavel!

(Message edited by Duey_C on April 20, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

She was made to go to TROG.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pavel Hačko on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

I do not have the designation date yet. I did not have the time to find out. Yes under the engine number is Ford USA and the valve cover is RECORD. I do not understand what TROG is like?
Thank you for your help. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

The Race of Gentlemen |

i.e. T.R.O.G or TROG

http://www.theraceofgentlemen.com/

A living history event, celebrating America's Racing & Hot Rodding heritage. Annually held on the beaches of the Jersey shore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Don't feel bad Pavel, I haven't figured out TROG yet either, but it must have something to do with going very fast. You have a Model A block with an accessory (aftermarket) "go fast" head on it, and probably some custom carburetor, and likely, with all that stuff on top of the block, a counterbalanced crank (perhaps from a late Ford Model B engine, or an aftermarket one).
In this part of the world, all VERY desirable stuff!
Also, you have some interesting aftermarket wheels on the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pavel Hačko on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

The only thing I know is that this car served the Ford Dealer for Europe. And had a special case for replacement parts.
Dream photoFord A

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration