Stromberg LF, why the grease cup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Stromberg LF, why the grease cup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:58 am:

Why would somebody put a grease cup where the acorn nut goes on the carb bowl cover? They lost the nut, or some other reason? Also why do some LFs have a part that sticks out under where it bolts to the intake? Mine doesn't have that. I drilled a hole in a lawnmower air filter once and put a grease cup so I could pour gas in to prime it every time, but there is already gas in the float bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:23 am:

If you are talking about the banjo fitting at the fuel inlet, looks normal. Some models have them some don't. RE the grease cup, I think your guess is about right, just using it to cover the hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Possibly to allow filling the bowl with gas without removing the bowl cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:41 am:

I think this is the part you are asking about;

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration