Another "rare one" on Hemmings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Another "rare one" on Hemmings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Just came across this very rare Centerdoor. I have no connection to this seller. You be da-judge!
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-t/1937898.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:12 am:

It appears to be in nice condition, not great, and some of it is correct. But sixty grand? Ha! Dream on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:25 am:

We'll all be drinking that free bubble-up and eating that rainbow stew!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:41 am:

I've heard that song my whole life, have the 33 1/3 rpm album, and never knew what bubble up was until recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Looks like they are going for the 'rarity' to bring up the price. But the color I'm not to sure of!
A real world price would be in the 18-23,000 range in my way of thinking. But I'm not a purist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:20 am:

See ?!? ALL model Ts were painted red. Beautiful ! They should have upholstered it in the correct red velvet though. All goods worth the price asked ! ;- )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:32 am:

With varnished wood trim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Red steering wheel, red coilbox. Must have had a paint sale at the International Harvester dealer.

Yes $60,000, but "NEGOTIABLE" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Don't mind the color of the car but that red steering wheel and column, well now that just stops the deal cold! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:56 am:

I believe that red T was sold here in Washington a few years back - I seem to recall looking at it - guy must be "fishing" !

I'm the 3rd owner of this '19 - it has never left Western Washington & I'd take 1/2 that (just kidding)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Hi I do not know where these prices come from, I can't get $8,900 for my 1918 touring with Dayton wire wheels, new tires and a Warford and lot more options. pix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:21 am:

If you buy a whole gallon of red paint you might as well use it all.
As a fellow with a Yellow Speedster and a Maroon Yellowstone Bus I can't criticize colors folks pick. Having 3 correctly restores cars and a couple of rusty ones I can say you should do it the way you want. I'm not sure what I would ask for a car. I do know what I would pay.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:22 am:

A 1915 first year Centerdoor is indeed very rare, but I wonder if this red one is a '15, '16 or mixed together from later parts?
The 1915 Centerdoors had a one piece rear lower body panel in aluminum, while this one looks like it has three panels like the later Sedans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Bob,

That's a very nice looking car! If I had the space, it'd be mine! Ouch...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:27 am:

The seller has the same old convoluted narrative that I see on a regular basis: a long description that fails to actually describe what is being sold.

Says it was built in late 1915 then discusses aluminum and steel bodies yet neglects to indicate whether or not the car in question has an aluminum body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

Erik I believe they are Bloviating 1. (Present participle) to talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

Erik,

It's what one does when one does not have a clue.

If you can't bedazzle them with brilliance, baffle 'um with bullshit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Bob,
If I were you, I would raise the price. Last time I did that, I sold the car almost immediately!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

I would hope they could at least provide a coil box cover for the asking price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

For $60,000 they should at least polish the brass I would think. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Jerry,
Shouldn't that be, "If you can't bedazzle them with brilliance, baffle 'um with Babbitt?"
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration