1927 fordor street value.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1927 fordor street value.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Locke on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:22 am:

I am trying to figure out the street value of my 1927 Fordor. As if I were going to sell on Ebay, Craigs list, classified ads ect. It does run but does need some work. Much older restoration, possibly from the 70's
By all means this is not restored. Does anyone have a good idea?
1927 fordoor front

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Locke on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 11:25 am:

A couple more pictures
Inside

Engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

Sure would like to see a couple of photos of the luggage rack on the rear of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

This is a tough one, and not enough pictures yet. Paint colors aren't authentic, but are pleasant and believable--someone could have custom painted the car that way "in the day." Doors don't appear to be sagging, so body wood may be in good shape. What's going on with the front seat upholstery. Wear/wrong materials on an interior will drop the value considerably. How well does it run? What accessories are on it (transmissions, brakes, etc.). Where is it located, values vary across the country.
Lots of variables!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

Maybe $4500ish

Gotta hear it run and drive though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Locke on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

I don't see the ForDor very often. It is a southern California vehicle. Probably since Day one. Engine # 14624489
It has a ruckstell rear end and Rocky mountain brakes. The starter was standard. Maybe I will get more pictures taken this weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Take Jerry's $4500. Add $1500 for an operable Ruckstell. Add $800 for Rockies in good condition.

Does the car run on Magneto?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

The fordor is more popular today than it was 50 years ago. In the day, it was the most expensive model, but when the next generation bought cars, they thought the fordor looked like the parents or grandparents car and they went for the coupe or the open cars. Now, however the fordor has become more rare than the others and is in more demand than it was a few years ago.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

A two toned color scheme is authentic for Model T's Down under in New Zealand. The below photo was taken in Wellington, NZ

I think we are our own worst enemies in, for whatever reason, undervaluing our T's and should stop it and imagine they are worth more than we think. I was talking with my 90 year old uncle who speculated my '26 coupe was worth $50,000.00. I did not tell him different, but let him go on thinking that. Why not. Things are worth what someone is willing to pay, not what we think its' worth, just because it is a lowly Model T and we have been brainwashed into thinking they are worth less.

That is a nice looking, running T and I think it could bring $10,000.00 to $12,000.00, maybe more. I certainly would not list it for less.
When you think of how much the parts sell for individually, it would easily exceed that total, but I'm not suggesting parting it out. Just think how much it costs to restore one and value it on that basis. A couple years ago, a 1915 Model T truck that was converted to a taxi and modernized with a modern engine sold for $21,000.00 on Pawn Stars and that, after an expert estimated it's worth at $29,000.00.
Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration